• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low-Cost Crop-Health Mapping Service

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low-Cost Crop-Health Mapping Service

Hi Farmers and Agronomists, we are looking at launching a low cost crop health mapping service where we provide crop health maps to farms as a subscription per season. The maps would show crop health via NDVI maps and RGB (normal color) maps. As a special treatment for beta customers we will map your fields for $.02 per acre up to 30 times per season (or fewer if you want).

Do you have an interest in participating? Drone imagery prices can be $1+ per acre. Please post on here or private message me. I have samples I can send of what the reports would look like for you.

What is the value of such imagery? How can you use it?
    Just asking.

Comment

Basically it shows you crop health by looking at the invisible light reflected or not reflected by the chlorophyll. Two plants might look the same to the naked eye but if you look at what the chlorophyll is reflecting in the infrared spectrum you can see obvious differences between the plants.

The value in the imagery is if you spend any money on your fields in water, fertilizer, seeds, pesticides, etc. you can reduce or increase that spend based on how the crops are doing. No need spraying a whole field if only the back 40 is having trouble.

It can also reveal issues with faulty equipment such as jammed seeders.

Another benefit is you don't have to scout the whole field on foot - you can just pull up the images and see the trouble areas and go straight to them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.