• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We farmers are to blame

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We farmers are to blame

I farm in the U.K.and we cannot make money at todays prices. Individually I have to increase producion to survive when I know everything is over produced. Why can we not co-operate world-wide useing the Internet and at least try to fix a minimum price or resrict supply. As farmers we are all on the same side. Lets be like other industries and compete after we have all made a profit.

Hello U.K. ! Its nice to hear from you! We have a group of farmers that have formed an organization that has hope and may address some of your concerns. Its called Focus On Sabbatical Inc. Where we all sign up then when we get enough Farmers we don't grow a crop for 1 year. We all bye futures through the group instead and in effect we short the market ourselves.The time has come for farmers to get together like an OPEC.

Comment

OPEC. Yes you got it in one. Lets all agree world-wide not to market 20% of our prodution and see what that does to prices. Just taking about it might help. It would be better than begging for subsides from governments. ___

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...