• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gun registry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gun registry

There is a Globe and Mail poll right now asking if it is time to scrap the Gun Registry. I think it ashould have been scrapped before it ever got off the ground but now is better than nothing Maybe if enough people vote to scrap it Mr. Martin will find the courage to do so.

I would be very surprised if he scrapped something that he approved while he was finance minister.

Comment

I doubt it will be scrapped, but hopefully it will be run a lot cheaper. I mean in reality it was a joke and accomplished next to nothing.
      However I will also say it wasn't a big deal. It cost me about $20 I think. $10 license fee and $10 for a professional photo. Registered my guns on line so it cost me nothing and took about 20 minutes.
      I know it didn't stop any criminals from getting guns but perhaps it kept guns out of the hands of some kids and idiots that shouldn't have had them? The biggest nuisance is now all my old redneck neighbors want me to buy ammo for them because I have a license!

Comment

It is a joke, but not a very funny one to some people. There is an elderly lady in my area that lives quite a ways out of town. She has no phone and is very uneasy about trips to town. She was completely overwhelmed by what she had to do to get a POL but she also firmly believes that it is irresponsible to own livestock and not have a firearm. She is now in a position of being a criminal and it really bothers her. She claims she has never ever broken a law in over 80 years. Isn't it sad that our politicians can come up with stuff (at our expense) that can turn our most law abiding citizens into crooks?

Comment

I've got to tell you a funny story! I have this moron friend who put on those funny glasses with the big bushy eyebrows and a big fake plastic mustache, for his picture. He thought it was pretty funny(he was drunk). Anyway those morons at the gun registry sent him back a license! Now he has to explain the whole thing whenever he goes in to get ammo! All the clerks just get a big laugh out of it!

Comment

I know I am out of step with the rest of the world most times but all you law abiding people that regestered all you did was incourage the fools into thinking that people did agree with them.I know of 2 people now decised that reg their guns but they only reg 1 not all now there are app 10 guns that no one will ever reg because who wants to explain the other8 . No one notified the registry that said owners are now decised. I wonder how many such cases like this there will be as I think it was more of the older people who felt compeled to reg as they said it dosent matter to them even if they lose thier guns.
            I sure hope the gov at least looks hard at it.

Comment

Great news for Canadians, no more gun registry. We need our guns to shoot our cows!!!!

Comment

Muttley, that is a good point

Cowman, my brother's picture is almost as bad. He didn't shave for several days, put a ball cap on his head sideways and tried to look as much like a cold eyed, demented killer as he could. He got his PAL back no problem.

Comment

I often wonder what a farmer is to do, if he didn't get a POL, when he has an animal in distress? Does he just get out a club or axe and beat the animal to death?
                  My neighbors are always asking me to buy them ammo to shoot their gophers, coyotes etc. Should I be telling them they need to beat them to death or what? I suppose if I buy them ammo I am breaking the law? After all they might have serial killer tendencies I haven't detected, because I'm not a shrink or something? Will I be doing the old bread amd water routine if they decide to slaughter their families?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.