• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fargo Big Iron!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fargo Big Iron!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5946.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	777308

Next week is one of my favourite shows to go to. Its the Fargo Big Iron show in Fargo ND.

Sept. 13 to the 15th.

Its free parking and free entrance.

See real corn real soy and all the fun stuff ND has.

Located on the Fair grounds.

Maybe Rome Plow will have the New big Buds at it. NO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14183672_10153624167176895_616427684772523109_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	777309

But its a once in 10 to 15 year show. if it rains 3 inches monday we go if not its next year and we harvest.

....like a kid flipping through the Sears Christmas Catalogue toy section.

That's why the call it the Wish Book. Like "I" wish!!!!

Their prices compared to ours would be most interesting.....
    Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 7, 2016, 06:51.

Comment

The big buds had issues but what is needed in Canada is a Big 800 Hp tractor with big rubber that can handle todays drills.

Boosted Deere CIH and NH just don't cut it.

Chipped Deere CIH and NH just don't cut it.

Funny this show back in the 80s we bought our first high clearance sprayer in the district. A galonberg.

Sure got a lot of acres sprayed back then and custom work was always available every single day.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        The big buds had issues but what is needed in Canada is a Big 800 Hp tractor with big rubber that can handle todays drills.

Boosted Deere CIH and NH just don't cut it.

Chipped Deere CIH and NH just don't cut it.

Funny this show back in the 80s we bought our first high clearance sprayer in the district. A galonberg.

Sure got a lot of acres sprayed back then and custom work was always available every single day.
        Farmers have been spraying for 60 years.
        Now they have the best sprayers money can buy, the best chemicals money can buy and they are making more sprayer passes than ever.
        There are still weeds every year.
        Add some insect outbreaks and you will always have plenty of custom work.
        Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Sep 7, 2016, 07:41. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hobby it was a high clearance sprayer in early 80s.

Yes now its the most important thing on the farm but back then guys were still dragging around the old pool sprayers. Remember.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Hobby it was a high clearance sprayer in early 80s.

Yes now its the most important thing on the farm but back then guys were still dragging around the old pool sprayers. Remember.
            I remember allright. I dragged a Brant(?) sprayer. 45 feet wide, 250 gallon galvanized steel tank. tank, 4 gallon/acre brass nozzles. Pulled by a Massey Harris 30.

Industry had encouraged farmers to think the sprayer is the most important thing on their farm.
            I think otherwise.

Comment

The custom spraying business is going the way of the dodo and fast. As pretty much every farm now has a high clearance or three, it is no longer needed like it was 5 years and more ago. My custom guy has seen his acres tank the last few years.

Comment

The farmer is the most important thing on the farm

Comment

Either your drill is too big or your land is too shitty that you need 800 hp

Comment

yea you do need the Hp! Sorry play in the mud and soon you see the tractors of today suck!

Yea it's shitty land

Comment

800 HP? Really? Only I can choose to step off the "treadmill". Some of this stuff doesn't make sense anymore. Some days you "wake up" and ask, "why" am I doing "this"? Put what ever you want in the place of "this".

In all aspects of bigger is better or newer means better.....when ego over-rides common sense. Now go buy that new Ram Longhorn to take to the field....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        800 HP? Really? Only I can choose to step off the "treadmill". Some of this stuff doesn't make sense anymore. Some days you "wake up" and ask, "why" am I doing "this"? Put what ever you want in the place of "this".

In all aspects of bigger is better or newer means better.....when ego over-rides common sense. Now go buy that new Ram Longhorn to take to the field....
                        80ft drill with liquid in heavy land will need 600+ hp and you'd wish you had 800

Comment

Tracks are required in any tractor bigger than 550 hp. Tires just dont have enough traction.

Comment

I see your point achefromacres.....but what happens as drills get bigger, airtanks get bigger, liquid carts get bigger, gumbo gets drier and harder, there has to be a point where.it doesnt make sense.... oh yeah the drill manufacturers could always start promoting 16 to 20 inch shank spacing....because they have data that proves it's beneficial.....to them, because they can sell 100 plus foot drills. That type of equipment can't be used everywhere....

Think of the engineering hurdles that will have to be overcome....and Producers can be used for R&D before the product has all the bugs worked out and is ready for wide scale general sales.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...