• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DEMCO Harvest Link 3000 Bu Grain System unveiled at Farm Progress Show.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DEMCO Harvest Link 3000 Bu Grain System unveiled at Farm Progress Show.

DEMCO introduced the 3000 Bu Harvest Link down in Iowa at the Farm Progress Show, the Farms.com team was able to talk to one of the reps to learn a little more about it. Any thoughts or opinions?

Big unit, I saw something like this being used in Australia.
    Mallee posted something a few weeks ago I think.
    Too big for us.

Comment

I could store my entire organic crop in there!
      Did they say anything about thistles plugging the unloading auger??

Comment

Now you need to dump into the grain cart that needs to dump into the "mother bin" (As Mallee called it love those crazy Auzzie terms) . Then dumps into the truck. What happens when the motherbin is full and no trucks bottleneck? Buys a bit of time I guess if finding truckers is that big an issue.

Mallee whats the big bin called back at yard? Is it Papa bin? lol

Poor bto's how could they operate till now without a motherbin?
        Last edited by biglentil; Sep 3, 2016, 22:11.

Comment

Purpose would be to buy time for truckers as mentioned.

The same customer that would buy these would be farmers who use grain bags for short periods of time to help alleviate trucking bottlenecks.

It wouldn't be necessary for our farm, I'd get another truck or tandem trailer instead.

Comment

The 30 foot unload auger would be good this year while we're trying to harvest muskeg/tundra swamps of southern Manitoba!!

It looks like a pretty nice unit. Although, if your not trucking at a pace equivalent to the pace at which your harvesting I don't really see much of an efficiency gain. In corn or even good yielding wheat, 3000 bushels would be full pretty quick.

Comment

That is a lot of grain capacity.

Comment

Maybe this makes sense when you can dial in 300bu corn. I've never been close to that. I don't see the benefit. They're solving a problem that doesn't need to be solved.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...