• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mud ,mud, mud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mud ,mud, mud

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	777300 done 500 acres , every acre just like this , what a nightmare. lucky we have a hard bottom in this shit . cutting dry barley in a foot of water . haven't needed the tow rope yet .

Wow , that puts perspective on wet !!

Comment

Wow! Perspective for sure. You must be across the fence from sf3.

Comment

Thanks for posting that pic. Gives some perspective. Good luck with the fight.

Comment

You gotta be kidding! And the grain is dry? How many acres do you have left to do?

Comment

I had some devastating wet years. I feel your frustration Cih.
            Last edited by may-be; Sep 3, 2016, 01:12.

Comment

I can't imagine dealing with those conditions. We have the exact opposite. Driving through everything with zero risk of getting stuck. Low spots(literal slough bottoms) that were barely seedable and left air cart ruts in them never drowned out this summer, the crop isn't as good as the rest of the field in those spots but they grew grain.

Be safe

One day at a time....but that is even a poor start to next year going into spring with excessively saturated soil especially if you're in a typically higher rainfall area. Good luck.

We got rained out last night about 6:00....and Monday's forecast looks shitty. Got durum out.....grrrrr.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 3, 2016, 02:07.

Comment

Have not dared to go through water like that since early nineties following 1980 drought years.
                We have dried up a lot this year but there are still high water table areas where surface is deceiving.
                I know, I know, should not wish for dry years but maybe just a few?

Comment

Thanks for the pic.now we all know that dryer is better..that is not a fun harvest.

Comment

The weather forecast for this week is starting to look crappy. Now that we flipped the page on the calendar, is it going to get better or worse. We too have durum ready to rock.

Comment

Great in Saskatoon, NO rain all week, everywhere else chances vary, luck of the draw like last night, we missed it all.

Comment

CaseIH, we got fields that look like that too, in sw MB. More rain yesterday, today and tomorrow possibly. Frustrating, especially when the wheat is actually busheling out pretty dang good but its out on a swamp.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.