• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts counter humor. ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts counter humor. ...

Picked up a universal joint at a local Dealership.....as the parts guy comes back from picking the item he pulls out his knife to open the box to show me whats inside.....I put my arms up in the air like I'm being robbed! There was some conversation, then laughter. ...too funny. Yet not....

so is case

Comment

A man will pay $2.00 for an article that should cost a $1.00 because he needs it.

A woman will pay the same because it is on sale.

Oh, oh!

Comment

Your thoughts......
        There is several layers of parts stocking options

1, have some common stuff on the farm so you don't have to run for parts everytime something common goes wrong.

2, hope the dealership at least has the common stuff and hopefully the not so common stuff

3, Regional parts warehouses damn well better have the common and not so common stuff. ...even the unlikely needed parts should be stocked

4, Main warehouses that are the initial parts source(for regional and dealerships)...well, when you hear "back ordered"....blood curddles!!!!

Your experience?

Comment

Why is it the few remaining independent dealers usually have parts in stock but the big multi location dealers dont? The bigger they are, the less parts they keep on hand.

Comment

Is there a way to get attention to this ?
            And it's all Ag dealers in western Canada
            This it worse than theft and needs to be addressed

Comment

W5 ? Something like that , it's out of hand and we must say something .
              Like a small 13 hp engine for a side by side through case IH , $4800 , the same engine out of lambert a in Stoon $1500

Comment

This B.S has been going on for years. 25 years ago I broke a door handle for the 2nd time on my 1370 case tractor. The dealer wanted 60 bucks for a new one. I made one myself. It took me one hour and I thought that was pretty good wages. Then I seen a garage door opener at home hardware that was the exact same handle with keys for 6.00

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Your thoughts......
                  There is several layers of parts stocking options

1, have some common stuff on the farm so you don't have to run for parts everytime something common goes wrong.

2, hope the dealership at least has the common stuff and hopefully the not so common stuff

3, Regional parts warehouses damn well better have the common and not so common stuff. ...even the unlikely needed parts should be stocked

4, Main warehouses that are the initial parts source(for regional and dealerships)...well, when you hear "back ordered"....blood curddles!!!!

Your experience?
                  I run older decent equipment. Some of my equipment I have two of. Running or for parts. If not the wreckers would fix me up. No blood curdles here.

Comment

May-be, are you from Alberta?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      May-be, are you from Alberta?
                      Nope... MB ghetto land...What province are you from?

Comment

Last week I inquired into a breather/vented cap at the local Case dealer.
                        $114 (not in stock, needed to order)

Princess Auto or NAPA both $5-$6 for an identical part.......

Comment

Do you guys really think the general population cares if farmers get overcharged for machinery parts.....I think not
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 29, 2016, 00:06.

Comment

I keep hearing them complain about the price of food though.

Comment

Originally posted by may-be View Post
                              Nope... MB ghetto land...What province are you from?
                              Ghetto land, that's funny!

The fine state of Saskatchewan. There is a theory that people who say "i seen it" were from Alberta. My position is its a universally Canadian thing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.