• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun in the mud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun in the mud

Where you at Jake?

Comment

At least you have a good swather..

Rains every second day..Its only going to be more fun..

Comment

Another inch and a half as we speak still pouring

Comment

And what will the combines do? Oh so sad, harvests from hell.

Comment

What a disaster!! Hope you have a plan, some insurance and can get past this. The best to you guys and your families

Comment

Originally posted by boarderbloke View Post
              Where you at Jake?
              About half way between crazy and insane. You're welcome to stop in anytime.

Comment

You could spend $50,000.00 on tracks and have this happen....

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                  You could spend $50,000.00 on tracks and have this happen....
                  Ya to be fair whoever that is is having a worse day than I am.

Comment

Wow I can only imagine the steam pouring out that guys ears, UGLYYY. Gl to all.

Comment

Jake, I feel for you, did that for a couple years except the piddly ass swath I had would sink in the water, then freeze. 101 if you think that's a disaster, some ruts and a swath laying on water is nothing. Yeah it's sporty getting through it, but there's firm ground underneath(for now). I have this feeling there's a portion of western Canada that has absolutely no idea what 40" of precip does in 3 months. The worst part is once it starts it keeping attracting more and more rain. ....

Comment

Jake, WOW! That sure is terrible. Be safe. I used to get pretty pushy insisting on harvesting in stupidly advesrse conditions . Of course I needed the money and I was losing sleep. My Dad was much older than Iand he used to say things like "Let it be, stop fighting yourself. You may get to pick it up on the frost or get it in the spring".

I never like that practical advice. I had $70 000 of canola or $20 000 of oats I needed to peel off to pay bills and live the winter.
                        Just dont destroy your machinery thinking your doing something about it

Comment

Hey MD 02 while I think having water laying in a good crop of standing canola is the pits I was actually referring to that picture AND Caseih's report of yet more rain for their area. His area has been declared a disaster area already. It ain't getting any better either.

Did the 40 inches of rain (or very close to it) in 2010. Still suffering from the lingering effects.
                          Last edited by farming101; Aug 26, 2016, 20:51.

Comment

Thank goodness I don't have to dealwith those conditions....things are actually real good here in that respect(and some others)

What drives me nuts is what lenghts some people have to go, what conditions they have to endure and what costs they will incur to grow a crop and its too much to be expected to be treated and paid fairly for their efforts....you would think a little dignity and respect would be forth coming....but.....too many negative waves!

Comment

Can you go fishing for a couple of weeks, not have to look at it? That is no fum at all and I sympathize with you. Thank God the Regina Block let us get what we did get without any measurable moisture in the past 2 weeks. Hang in there baby! These laying down diseased lentils would have been a write-off.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.