• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm land rental for next year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm land rental for next year

Saskfarmer what's the latest on what's happening there near you?
    That big package up for tender. Did it all get rented?

Step up to the plate and swing for the fence Jake!
    A guy here had to "inform" me how many acres they were farming and they have more debt now than ever. My neighbor thinks he would be WAY better off farming less and doing a better job. In fact the neighbor said better management would make him more money on fewer acres than farming more acres.

I should have asked the guy if he'd like to compare balance sheets, net worth statements and profit/loss statements......but nahhhh, let him think what he wants.

Comment

Guys here will still be dishing out $100 plus an acre regardless

Comment

I have 7 quarters west of Saskatoon along highway 7 I will be looking to rent out. Sick of traveling to farm them, what's the best option? Tender process for cash rent?

Comment

.....highest bid not necessarily accepted. Find a good farming paying tenant. ....someone who will take care of the dirt and pay rent on time....that will be worth more than an extra $5/acre(or what ever) when you don't get paid any of it at all from unscrupulous people.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            .....highest bid not necessarily accepted. Find a good farming paying tenant. ....someone who will take care of the dirt and pay rent on time....that will be worth more than an extra $5/acre(or what ever) when you don't get paid any of it at all from unscrupulous people.
            Well said, my idea exactly, and NEVER sign any BS "right of first refusal", go multiyear if you wish, but I would look at the past year to be happy with tenant next year.

Comment

Nothing yet.

Comment

I know a young couple who are amazing farmers on hwy 7 just outside of stoon.... pm me id you'd like and I'll give you his number.

Very efficient neat tidy operation and the best crops around year after year.

Comment

Just an idea to ponder - it works well for us - ask 1/2 going cash rent then 10 to 20% crop share . If tat fits for you, it's not for everyone - it's a trust issue to grow good crops that match or exceed high cash rents - reduces risk for the guys putting their entire balls on the line to grow the crop.

Comment

hows this for mind blowing have to talk tonnes per hectare sorry

5t ha county, this year probably going to yield 6 maybe even more and 2 to 2.5 t ha lentils $247 per acre rent in some of the most favoured country in our state. Now hes gonna lose a fair portion of his crop in rent payment let alone input costs.

Now im currently renting acres that will yield 1.5t ha possibly 2 if all goes well and wait for it pricey some of $10 per acre maybe my calculator is stuffed I don't know but I may be slightly ahead

Comment

I would take some of that land for $50.00 an acre some way less. I can make some money at that for all hard work. But at 100.00 acre or just less its a money loser. Let the pension fund find out what farming is really like.

I believe guys have to adjust rent this year. next year looks tighter yet and if the fert and seed and chem don't drop plus fuel its going to get tighter yet.

Comment

Klaus if you could PM me his name and number I will contact him. I would prefer to rent to a young farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Step up to the plate and swing for the fence Jake!
                          A guy here had to "inform" me how many acres they were farming and they have more debt now than ever. My neighbor thinks he would be WAY better off farming less and doing a better job. In fact the neighbor said better management would make him more money on fewer acres than farming more acres.

I should have asked the guy if he'd like to compare balance sheets, net worth statements and profit/loss statements......but nahhhh, let him think what he wants.
                          Me rent land?? Ummmm.... no thanks.

Only way I'd consider renting ANY land is if it was land touching what we own and we felt that was the only chance we'd have at buying it someday.

Comment

Wont be any change in rates here.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerSmuck View Post
                              Klaus if you could PM me his name and number I will contact him. I would prefer to rent to a young farmer.
                              Done!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.