• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentils

Slow start this year, 3 weeks behind normal in Canada. Grades and yields all over the map. Every one is pushing sell now.

Australia lentils not flowering yet = record, huge crop. BUT.... There is still huge risk as they harvest in November.

India harvests in Jan - Feb you know they are a long ways from harvest what could go wrong?

Turkey harvests in May? Have they seeded yet, could be a record?

Any other reasons for price slide?

Maybe should just hold the good stuff for Ramadan in June? Or sell seed for the record lentil acreage in Canada next year?

Same word on peas , massive harvest everywhere , sell now , sell now .
    I just want to know what's the quality of the green peas from North Dakota to Meadow Lake ? Then I will decide , are they all 3 % or less bleach and 50 plus bus ????? I don't think so

Comment

Weslock Ab , this is what happened in the south the last ten days to two weeks when green peas were ripe down there , maybe not the bad but even heavy dew can *** up green peas or too much sun for Christ sakes

Comment

Same goes for lentils , but far worse

Comment

The lentils here a battle. It took us 7 days to harvest 400 acres. Yield disappointing, grade ok.

Comment

I had a 2 lentil until 4 pm yesterday.

Comment

Hit N Mess
              Last edited by biglentil; Aug 24, 2016, 13:02.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...