• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Red Spring wheat yields....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Red Spring wheat yields....

Surprised... Not in a good way.
    Looks like 70+ and don't know if it'll make 50 bushels an acre. Heads didn't fill properly.
    Is that common for the guys into their wheat??

Did you have excess rain?

Did you have Fuz?

Did you have midge?

If the heads were half filled it's disease!

Comment

I don't think ours will make 30 , fields still yo wet to get into . Fus really took its toll

Comment

70 PBA ? In the Slum.... I don't think so. Not even this year.

Comment

Ya I know all that about disease and fuzz.
          We have lots that won't be anywhere near 50.
          Farm is quite spread out and this is some of our best looking wheat for this year.
          Just saying it's not yielding as good as it looked and was curious about what others are finding.
          Whatever either way it's next year country here and the thieves can buy wheat from someone else for under $7.00 a bushel.

Comment

Not in wheat yet but lentils in heavier soil are a bust, big time.

Comment

Lots of wheat fields ran 70 to 80 bu last year in sc manitoba. Fields this year look same as last year, thick and lush but yielding only 40 to 60. Fusarium to blame, lots of seeds didnt fill, but at least the sample is good, little evidence of fus damaged kernels, all blowing out. Same story for canola, average at best. I guess CP rail wont have to call back their workers after all

Comment

but wait ..... it's a record crop ? wtf ? not even half of average crop here . experts will have egg on face soon , speculators will be caught with pants around ankles soon . flamans will have to pull "record crop " ad off of radio , lol. what a f$&king joke this whole game is . I am sick of listening to all the horseshit.

Comment

oh and it's raining here again today

Comment

Jake. Friend of mine says his wheat is not going to yield anything close to how it looks. I have seen his wheat, and my guess would be 60 plus. But he thinks he will be lucky to get 35. His worst crop in years and years. Bumper crop, huh?

Lots of the wheat I have seen looks good for a stand from the road, but you can see discoloration throughout the fields from fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88
                      Any hail?

I am not too familiar with what 70 BPA looks like for HRS though only heard stories about those yields from expert panel on coffee row but never achieved them personally. 😂
                      I don't know how to post pictures or I'd put on here what 70-80 bushel wheat looks like.

Comment

We have stand for 60, but SFA yield, maybe unsaleable. Will see if and market for it before combining too much, maybe huge bonfire? 45 years at this and NEVER seen wheat go to hell, F*CK rain.
                        Lots of 80 bu barley happening, grade unknown.

Comment

Yep I knew at seeding time we shouldn't seed wheat.... Now I can look in the mirror and say "I told you so".
                          Wake me up when it's over......

Comment

Originally posted by jake550 View Post
                            Yep I knew at seeding time we shouldn't seed wheat.... Now I can look in the mirror and say "I told you so".
                            Wake me up when it's over......
                            Sounds like the theme song for 2016 will be "Wake me up when September ends"

Comment

Just seen some of the first harvested wheat in this area , graded a 2 with low Fus and protein 16.2 ish . Combined yesterday on lighter land by river

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...