• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dessication

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dessication

Sick and tired of paying so much to use reglone. Anyone use roundup to dessicate and use the seed for next year? What stage would you spray wheat or peas at to not hurt germination? TIA.

That's a marketing gimmick....

We've been spraying roundup on wheat and using it for seed the next year for at least 15 years or more.

Have always done a germ test to be safe but have never had a problem due to spraying wheat with roundup transorb.

Comment

Even the "no-name" diquat products cost too much. Anyone know what a liter equivalent diquat is worth is the U.S.? I paid $19.50/liter. .5-.69 liters/ac..... $9.75-$13.45/ac. Plus adjuvant..... Makes glyphosate look cheap.

Comment

Desicated my fabas last fall with 1L transorb. Sent 2 germ tests in March and they came back 76 and 79%. The seed plant said they were as good numbers as everyone elses but I decided to seed peas instead this year. They were quite mature when sprayed though, more for weed control and about 10% immature kernels (if I remember correctly).
        I know wheat and liberty canola sprayed with RUP volunteer like everything else...

Comment

Thanks, think we are going to give it a try this year.

Comment

Liberty? Same as reglone?

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
              Liberty? Same as reglone?
              Reglone $18/ac. Liberty $14/ac. Roundup $4/ac.

Have used Liberty in the past in RR canola to help dry the crop down for straight cutting.

Comment

Spray wheat and use for seed no problems have used since first years round up was used for fall kill.
                Peas use reglone it effects seed.

Comment

SF3, what do your relatives pay for a liter of "Reglone" in the U.S.?

Comment

Cheaper yes

Comment

I used Glyphos and Heat last yr on lentils germ came back 95, Reglone was 96. I did do 320 ac Reglone last wk just to be safe. Reglone is so crazy expensive why would a person use it when there's others alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by gregpet View Post
                        Reglone $18/ac. Liberty $14/ac. Roundup $4/ac.

Have used Liberty in the past in RR canola to help dry the crop down for straight cutting.
                        Liberty on canola is not registered. Please don't do that again.

Comment

Germ may be good but what about vigor?
                          I ve seen guys spray glyphos and boast about germ, and in good conditions seed will work but in a poor spring it was a disaster every time.

Comment

Originally posted by riders2010 View Post
                            Germ may be good but what about vigor?
                            I ve seen guys spray glyphos and boast about germ, and in good conditions seed will work but in a poor spring it was a disaster every time.
                            I agree do you really want to risk your whole next years crop to save a few bucks an acre on chem. Might have germ might even have some vigour but what about the plants other dozen systems like immune, reproductive.... Swather burns like a litre of fuel an acre use it.

Comment

The swather does the majority of the desiccating on this farm.... old fashioned... slow to change hillbillies.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...