• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Price Outlook

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea Price Outlook

What are everyone's thoughts on the future of pea prices. Every other day the spot prices slide. Is there any upside to holding some till xmas or later? We like the cash flow and bin space of hauling off the combine but we lost some potential last year as the prices went $5+/bu higher. Not going to see that this year but wonder if there is a dollar or two to be made by holding some.

Yellows or Greens?

Harvest is "seldom" the best time.... I hate being taken advantage of when you know after the "pressure" is off things have a tendency to rebound.

Pushing more onto the market than it is willing to take just cheapens the product.... then later when they "need" it, the bids mysteriously go up!

Comment

They are yellows. I am not sure what to do. What do you usually get for splits from augering them a couple times??

Comment

I don't know but Ceres at Northgate is paying 785. I would probably sell every bushel not contracted at that price.

Comment

GrahamP, I see they are at that price but it is too far for us to haul during harvest and to get a custome trucker in would take most of the benefit away. Thanks for the heads up. I guess might just have to be happy with just over $7/bu. Will still make money just not as much!!

Comment

I thought one of the local terminals were paying $7.50 till Friday (yellows?)

Comment

I wonder what magic number the buyers will pull out of their ass to start the green pea marketing year. Low ball and get all the stuff that won't fit in the last bin....then the low hanging fruit....then the real prices that everyone should have got like the guys who can hold out. Production will be all over the map.....gotta wonder how many greens lost acres to lentils and last year's hot priced yellow peas. I thought France was a big green pea producer.....didn't they have harvest quality issues?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.