• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to go farming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to go farming

I currently have a well paying job but I'm not sure that it's my true passion. My wife's family have a large grain farm that would be a great option to join. Am I crazy to leave a low six figure job to go farming? I realize there are good years ave bad, I grew up farming but we sold the farm before I could get too involved. Thanks for any responses.

So long as you are certain you will inherit the land then yes. If you are going to be paying today's bubble prices for the land then no. Look what is happening to Vancouver real estate right now. Imagine what land prices will be in 20 years without Chinese needing to launder money. Kind of funny they came here to avoid there own corrupt government just to have the corrupt government of BC take it from them. Hilarious.

Comment

Just is to clarify yes it is time to go farming if you inherit land. If you have to pay for land then stay at your job and take more holiday time to make it bearable. Take holidays during harvest and get a job running combine to scratch the itch. If your paying for land then you need the job to eat and then farm work on top of that.

Comment

Hectares of land for sale

Hectares of land for sale/lease in Nigeria

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.