• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

soybeans versus canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soybeans versus canola

Whats up with the $2/bu spread? Weber has beans at about $11.25 and a local terminal is at about $9.25 for canola. And for all intents and purposes....isn't the canola cupboard basically bare? I thought there were too many beans!

What's driving beans and what has the brakes on canola?

101?

With the dollar, that puts canola at $12.33 USD

Comment

Still raining..so they are thinking even more bushels coming...

Comment

another 2" here last night . we're f$&ked

Comment

They are playing games big time hoping were all broke so have to sell at combine or no bins so forced sale. Buyers are pricks get to realize that! They aren't your buddy or friend or pal! They want your product and will get it for the lowest they have to pay! Out grading system allows them full control. 2 fuz in hrs and it's a 2 really great

Comment

ADM executive at a speech said it was his job to buy the canola for lowest price, NOT on our side for sure. Said sorry but that is the fact, live with it.

Comment

Soybeans 60 lbs to bushel ,canola 50 . 20 PerCent difference in weight alone.

Comment

Canola market less liquid, less transperancy than beans, fewer players determining price. If we can pull off another big crop of beans in mb this year (need 4 weeks frost free) canola acres will drop significantly on the eastern side of mb next yr.

Comment

Things to consider -
                  China's new one percent dockage rule for canola is hanging over market. It is supposed to kick in Sept. 1. There will likely be some sort of resolution but the uncertainty isn't helping.
                  Also in last six months Dec. soy meal futures are up 22 percent. Dec. soy oil is flat.

Comment

Hey there western producer ....any mention of the enormous flood damage to china's ag land?

Comment

I gave up on that one sided rag long ago ! they don't mention anything bad about crops . should be flood pics every week from somewhere in sask. maybe is haven't looked at it . but I doubt it

Comment

Canola dropped big time in MB for beans and I thought it would have in Sask for pulses. but I read somewhere a while back that we had a record acres of canola. If so, who grew the extra canola? And how hard would they be pushing rotations?

Comment

Meal outperforming oil. Results since Jan 1. Dec meal, black, compared to Nov soybeans, orange and Dec soyoil red. ICE canola crush margins are at very good levels compared to a year ago. So crushers are in the market but only for nearby delivery. Waiting for new crop deliveries to kick in. And ya with current pricing for new crop I guess it's obvious that the market wants seed as cheap as it can get it.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	YTD Beans meal oil.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	765034

Name:	Producer canola deliveries July 31 16.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	765035

Comment

Beans UP

Name:	Aug 9 2016 sb open.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	765039

Comment

Up about $17.50. What's driving it. I thought feed was ample if it's the meal portion.

Nice to see canola follow in "sympathy" because heaven forbid any fundamentals only relating to canola would cause canola to move on it's own!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.