• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Year of the Soybean

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year of the Soybean

A few nice looking beans around, if they finish and prices hold could be alot more acres going in. Like playin Russian roulette with Mr. Jack Frost or am I wrong?

2016 is IYP....International Year of the Pulse. From a spattering of reports from Agriville Producers it would seem that some lentil crops barely have a pulse and yet others report things are beating along nicely. I think it will be a dog's breakfast.....a bit of everything. We started desiccating peas....pretty decent crop. Alot of vine though. Hoping they stay at least semi-erect, put in a good dose of "sildenafil citrate" to help keep them up. Spent alot on the crop already....what's a bit more to make harvest more enjoyable!

Comment

We have the nicest wheat, barley, peas, canola, soybeans, lentils we have ever had.... As long as jack frost and big rain stay away. Missed 90% of it today. ended up with half a tenth.

Comment

Klause you have only grown lentils once. This year LOL

Comment

Sry my phone changed lentils to lentils.

It's a sign

Comment

We grew awesome lentil 6/10 years , but the 4 killed us

Comment

My beans so far are much better , farther ahead and cleaner than last year but still far from market so they are a zero in my book so far.
              Time will tell . Last year we hit 41 , dry in mid Oct .
              We could be doing them at xmass - who knows at this point

Comment

Beans in parts of the red river valley that didnt suffer hail or extreme rain are awsome this year, never seen them taller. Could be some 60 bu an acre yields this year. Same with corn, can see some fields getting close to 200 bu an acre. Unfortunately as stated earlier, there are many that have been pounded with rain, and not looking so good.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...