• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy rains through lentil area

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy rains through lentil area

Heavy rains again washed right through the very heart of lentil country .
    The lentil market does not understand the scope of wreck that is happening . This is the absolute worst time of year for heavy rains in lentils/peas .
    And here we get even get more than 1/10 in of 20 days . We needed that one last night .

A tenth rolled through here at about 5 this morning. Guys are starting to desiccate peas around here. We are a couple days away yet.

Comment

Final nail in the lentil coffin

Payday for only a lucky few

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
        Final nail in the lentil coffin

Payday for only a lucky few

Iceman out
        You are probably right in alot of cases but could you please use a little more tact and diplomacy while you're rubbing it in! :-( Over...

Some guys are likely fully aware while others are oblivious to the situation.

Drew was babbling about more.rain mid-week. Now Environment Canada is singing from the same hymn book.

Comment

Instead of price being #2 or better it might be Sample or better.

Comment

I don't think anyone rubbing it in , it's just the reality the whole "market" must face . It's not going to be a huge record crop. It won't even be close and that's a fact now.
            We have been there with lentils - not fun at all.
            Also crop disease in canola and some cereals will limit this talk of a "huge" crop that has driven down prices - again long before its in the bin .

Comment

The trade will now be saying "this last rain has now boosted yielded prospects to beyond record levels ever achieved ever before".
              Everything is a non issue this year. There will be a lot of contracts not getting filled this yr.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                You are probably right in alot of cases but could you please use a little more tact and diplomacy while you're rubbing it in! :-( Over...

Some guys are likely fully aware while others are oblivious to the situation.

Drew was babbling about more.rain mid-week. Now Environment Canada is singing from the same hymn book.
                Final nail in my coffin farmaholic. But actually that probably happened 2 weeks ago and I just didn't want to except it

Iceman

Comment

Road trip into Manitoba, most crops Brandon to Winnipeg and south look pretty crappy. Too much rain has cut yield by 1/2. Canola in three stages, fully podded, blooming and drowned out stunted crap in the same field. Lots of Disease!!!!! Soybeans are short and stunted. Wheat looks ok but lots of Fusarium. Hardly any oats crops or barley. Corn and sunflowers look good. I think there will be a shock come harvest time for allot of farmers and buyers. This bin buster is not going to happen in my mind.

Comment

I said it since the trade said huge crops it's going o be below or average at best!

Peas flooded ugly.

Lentils right off'

Canola flower blast from heat and rain and hail.

Hrs flat tough shit to combine'

But the market knows!

Sweet F$&k All!

It's a game of drive the market low with bull shit predictions!

After farmers that need to sell fill orders and tell the rest won't take your crop since it's a huge one more sell them finally in May or June tell again how big a germinating crop will be'
                    We can't win the three that run this have all the cards!

Comment

I think there will be some issues yet. Lots of talk in manitoba of sprayed canola still with disease. Fuzz in wheat. I dont think anybody had the anticipation of the year and $$ to spray the amount required to save the crop. Just looking at application timing and how wet the whole month of July was (if you sprayed in early july/late June the days of protection would be gone unless you did mult apps). The industry can shove it as the prices are tanking and nobody knows the exact numbers before its in the bin. Although there are a few that need to put a sock in it on twitter that are spouting off huge yields. It looks bad as they may be high input growers but on a whole the majority of farmers would not achieve those yields in two years let alone one. But industry experts see that and boom, good bye prices.

Comment

Most all wheats and canola were sprayed at least once here in our area of SESK. Sclerotinia, and Asters both visible from the road driving 80kms, there are some fields that look to have 25-33% sclerotinia. There will be huge surprises out there this fall. Even with all the moisture, late seeded canola didn't bloom long after this heat rolled in. Lucky as much was planted as early as it was.

Comment

As far as the wheats go, no problem seeing hulls in the heads blank due to fuss, while standing in the crop. No need to bend over to look.

Comment

Lots and lots of aster yellow in the canola in our area.
                            I don't believe the crop will turn out the way people think.
                            I'd be happy if we hit average but have my doubts.

Either way our bins will be locked as long as it takes to get PAID for the grain. And I sure hope others will do the same.

I'm really getting tired of being payed less for more.

Comment

How much rain fell in westerh SK yesterday? Lentil tour again tomorrow - hang on to your hats!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.