• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy rains through lentil area

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake550 View Post
    Lots and lots of aster yellow in the canola in our area.
    I don't believe the crop will turn out the way people think.
    I'd be happy if we hit average but have my doubts.

Either way our bins will be locked as long as it takes to get PAID for the grain. And I sure hope others will do the same.

I'm really getting tired of being payed less for more.
    Never happened before, won't ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      How much rain fell in westerh SK yesterday? Lentil tour again tomorrow - hang on to your hats!
      Inch to 2 inches according to Twitter

Iceman

Comment

Is there an actual crop tour in Canada that counts pods and publishes the results at days end?

Oops tinfoil talk.

Wouldn't that be an act of transparency for the lentil industry. ?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Bunch of fools tweeting how good their crops are because they sprayed Monsanto or Bayer products !

A tweet says a thousand words !
          Agreed.
          It definitely does look foolish to show pictures of your canola after spraying Proline, etc especially after spending $17-19 per acre on a product that might not pay for itself.

Comment

Ohh , and it's raining in prime lentil area again today

Comment

Throwing dirt on the coffin at this point

Comment

Feel you guys , we've been there with lush lentils that were a nightmare to combine and get 300 lbs of shit that no one will buy - not fun

Comment

iceman....slow down I think I heard a cry for help coming from that coffin.....just one more app, please, don't give up on it yet. Hell, ado089 is even babbling about defoliating his lentils.....some kind of last ditch beauty treatment. ....like making a silk purse out of the sows ear after all that lipstick on that pig never worked.

Comment

Well in ado's defence I think he has been much dryer than most of you up till the past few days - he had hope , or maybe still does . I have not seen them first hand , but that's my presumption

Comment

Put it this way , this area even as of tonight , I coulda still ride a bicycle down any dirt back road here with ease . Ado was not far off , a few more showers but never overly wet I think ? Until today . He may have got some heavy rain but , lentils here , organic or not, still are ok.

Comment

Not a beauty treatment, just a cut and run. They're less than two weeks away from being desicated anyway. Killing them now may hold quality. Not a lot of rain but frequent shots of 2-6/10 and a little hail to lay them down a bit. The organic lentils have enough weeds to keep them thin and airy and are holding up comparatively well.

Comment

Ever since I changed to organic I have never experienced disease. The neighbor suggests my crops are so poor they do not make that nice lush canopy where disease can thrive. It is logical to me.

Comment

Part of the issue is growing big crops and ignoring sugar levels in those crops
                            Low sugar level almost always leads to high disease

Comment

"Low sugar levels" we have started using Relief foliar fertilizer on our canola and have found it to make allot healthier plant stand. It converts the roots to uptake more sugars. We applied it on all canola this year and so far no signs of any problems. We did it last year and found a huge difference. Just a couple more weeks till swathing.

Comment

Lentil harvest has started south east of Regina. Farmer says yield is 13 bushels per acre or 780 lb. Yikes, these weren't flooded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...