• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fungicides will save lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fungicides will save lentils

Came back to Old Agriville. Breath of fresh air.

I went out for a lentil tour yesterday. Man, the fields that weren't sprayed with fungicide are a write-off. They might get 3-10 bushels of mottled seed. Some fields around here are not worth the effort to combine. The fields sprayed 2 and 3 times, are filling to the top. No question - even lentils on lentils that were sprayed 3X, not bad at all. It's an eye-opener.

And here it's a different story.. Everything sprayed or not sprayed will be poor at best. You can spray 3 times and still after 9-11" of rain in first 3 weeks of July the lentils are toast.

Comment

I would have no problem "giving the crops everything it requires and multiple times if needed", but ****en pay me for it when I produce the crop even if it is in abundance......I'm sick of being punished for success!

How can you tell its getting to "that" time of year for me! Expect it to get worse before better. You ready for the tsunami of negative waves farming101? I'm going to drag everyone out to sea with me. Misery loves company....maybe I'll be lonely?

Comment

My organic lentils on oat stubble have no disease.

Comment

This hot weather with rain everyday didn't give the lentils a chance to dry out under the canopy. The same happened to peas in a community garden near me. Once the stems are diseased, they become so weak that they can't hold the plant up, causing more of a problem because air can't get under to dry them out. We like spraying with the plane because it seems to blast it hard enough to stick some fungicide to the bottom of the leaves and stems instead of misting the tops. even though a lot of our stems don't look pretty, the root seeems to be feeding the plant.

Comment

Sprayed or not sprayed are all screwed.

A plane the best coverage into the canopy

I says pardon

Iceman out

Comment

Sprayed ours once. 30 pods and another 15 to 20 flowers nice and green to tge bottom lots of rihzobia

Pods are mostly 2s some 3s a few 1s

They are getting super weedy now though pissing me off.

May have to spray for aphids

Comment

This is the first year that we were at all concerned about aphids. But have you noticed no diamond back moths or army worm in Canola? Now that's a bonus. Good Luck Klause, watch them closely. You may need to give them another shot if they are soggy underneath.

Comment

Bordeaux

Comment

Bordeaux

Nothing in canola so far

Comment

Lentils on lentils and sprayed 3 times. Reckless and stupid.

Comment

Tweety, you the rotation cop?

Comment

No pictures? ? ?

Should be sending the world pictures of the weedy moldy crops to provide balanced reporting. ?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Tweety, you the rotation cop?
                            I wish someone was.

Comment

Back to the topic - maybe in 1/2 the areas ,?some will not make it regardless - been there

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.