• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentils

Originally posted by Klause View Post
    Nice looking beans...

Comment

Klause u must not of got the memo. To be a lentil grower you need to have a good smattering of wild mustard and some thistle patches. Geez

Comment

Do not presell any lentils. Root rot like a bandit in heavy soil - light soil - all soil. Other fields that looked just gorgeous, we looked today ascho taking over. Our neighbour didn't spray. I think disease will get this bumper. No more half inchers please.

Comment

I woder how much is presold -here we are at 1994

Comment

18 hours and 6 minutes.....

That is how long it took for one of Klause's pictures to get to India and back to my email with the notation - "all the lentils don't have mold - look at these..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	your_village_called_their_idiot_is_missing_tshirt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	764992

Comment

We farm near Regina with heavy and lighter land and we only got just over an inch of rain in 2 weeks. Can't imagine areas that got 8 and more. Acres went in but as usual Mother Nature rules. We also toured the province last week and noticed a drastic change in 10 days, some fields ascho to the top and its only July 19. Big surprise for us but we've been here before. I'd say we've not seen this much root rot once in 1981 and again n 1994. Do you remember marketing 1994 crop? Anything rolled back then was a dud, didn't even get the seed back. We sort of forgot about the roots needing air.

Many pods are aborting and some pods don't even have a seed in them. This is not what we want to see. We may be a little short of product. Hopefully the bottom pods fill before the crops totally shut down. Last one in is a rotten egg.

I haven't posted pictures but gotta learn how.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                18 hours and 6 minutes.....

That is how long it took for one of Klause's pictures to get to India and back to my email with the notation - "all the lentils don't have mold - look at these..."

[ATTACH]449[/ATTACH]

Hahahaha.

Please tell me you're pulling our leg... If not, Kewl.

If ya'll think the world markets are moved by pictures posted on this board... wow...

Comment

I don't recall seeing a single pod on Klause's lentil plant, lots of flowers but see if they will fill after they pod. Lentils are not a wet, damp, cool climate crop.
                  Lentil vegetation doesn't make the lentil crop, lentils seeds do.
                  If the ground and canopy is as wet everywhere else as it is here, good luck. And we never got near the rain some other places got. Also as dumb as this may sound.... some soil is too good(aka black moist soils) and rich for lentils.

Oh yeah, just spray them again, even though the fungicide likely won't reach into the canopy.

I think sumdumguy is right.

Comment

No ill will klause....just my worthless opinion.

Comment

I wonder if the folks in India know there is a purple colored storm on the radar heading straight for Klause's lentils Enough with the storms already!!

Fizzled out...still don't look so good for Watrous.
                      Last edited by farming101; Jul 19, 2016, 19:55.

Comment

This is the way I see this going down in the red lentil market.

Prices will continue to drop to harvest and on into late November. Those AOG will all get filled in one way or the another. The market will do its best to buy as many lentils as they can during this period for the cheapest price because everyone knows farmers have to pay bills. The lowest hanging fruit always gets picked first. Than around the end of the year we see a good rally.

I have no clue what will happen to greens tho.

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Hahahaha.

Please tell me you're pulling our leg... If not, Kewl.

If ya'll think the world markets are moved by pictures posted on this board... wow...
                          World markets????????????????????????????

65% of the world lentils grown are in western Canada
                          65-70% of the world lentil trade is from western Canada

Where is the world market?

So if y'all don't think that importers/brokers/govt are not looking at the lentil pictures you post; y'all better give your head a shake.

For your 200 acres of lentils with 6 inches of rain, i'll show you pictures from 10,000 acres with 15+ inches of rain that are in crop insurance territory today and no hope of anything else but.

Comment

It always seems it take 3 or 4 things to move prices up but only 1 thing to move them down.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	13709896_10201938356936332_2402512054812957440_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	764993

How does this affect lentil yields?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...