• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone willing to share crop pics.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone willing to share crop pics.....

After this rain event?

Just remember nomatter how bad it looks today life will go on. We have been through this before and family is most important at times like this. Keep the kids in mind, they take it worse because we make it sound like the world is ending.

Comment

Good Advice Breadwinner. We, that are born and raised as farmers, don't realize that our city-raised spouses are worried sick about their fate when we complain about every dang little thing. We think nothing of it -for them its the end of the world. So next time my young sons lay the burden on their wives and families, I will remind them to read your post. Remember -Happy wife - Happy life.

Comment

Well said breadwinner 👍

Comment

I think I would just piss people off. Peas STILL standing. Cereals... just some lodging in the lowest and richest soil areas and headlands with double seed and fertilizer. Other crops look good.

Hard to complain about much considering what others are enduring!!!

1.11 inches over the last 4 days

2.03 inches over the last 7 days

2.81 inches over the last 14 days....at least it never came all at once like some people got, AND MORE!!!

So you can see how I can have an attitude of gratitude for my circumstances while others are suffering with their's, yeah I may have to "contend" with disease but at least the crop isn't completely ****ed!!!
          Sorry to hear about the situations that are kind of past the point of no return...

Take care! I wonder if the Co's supplying the goods and services for the crop give a rat's ass after they've been paid? We carry such a heavy burden of risk all while one side tries to extract the feasibly most out of you while the other tries to pay you as little as possible for your efforts. All while Mother Nature can coddle you or kick you in the nuts... what a resilient bunch, a lot would retreat with their tail between their legs.

Comment

It must be very dissappointing to see your crops under water and if I could wave my magic wand and take the water away, I would. We've been there before with 5 inches on August 15 and then frost right after. We still have a lot of fish to fry before we get it in the bin but we put on our rose coloured glasses and hope for the best. That's the name of the game we chose to play. 🍀

Comment

Comment

Comment

drone pics, K ?

Comment

Got to get a drone!!!!

Comment

Diseased barley next to grass border, better stuff 100 feet into the crop
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000172 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	764973
                      Barley standing good overall, didn't get the sustained big winds
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000169 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	764974

Comment

Breadwinner, how true. My wife did not come from a farm. When I come home and pronounce the end of the world due to a hail storm, drowning crops, frost, neighbors cows out, disease etc. I accept that I've blown it out of proportion, and life will go on, but its taken a while for me to realize that my wife doesn't see it the same way and takes it much more serious.

As for crops, this "event" has given us a few desperately needed tenths of rain. But apparently it is raining everywhere else, even a few miles away. Crops look amazing though, somehow.

Comment

Good points on family issues etc. Trouble is, when you really ARE in trouble, you do need to let your family know what is going on. I gave my family the heads up that it is a pathetic crop out there that I have, you can't hide it forever. They need to know why you are doing what you are doing. Wife knows it is a crop insurance year. It allows us to be on the same page in our planning.

If the problem is not going to really affect how you farm, how you live, I guess you can be calm and roll with it. But if the affect is such that it is going to dynamically change things, you have to be real, and keep your family in the loop to prepare them for the tough choices ahead.

I do hate what these issues do to my family, but they need to know the real deal, they need honesty.

Comment

ha e been lucky with right kind of rains.going to pick up a pea auger for my header.

Comment

filling nice.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...