• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusarium Fungicide Choices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusarium Fungicide Choices

All registered products are group 3(____conazoles/triazoles) except for Bravo which is actually registered for fusarium and classified as a group M5(Chlorothalonil). Anyone ever use Bravo?

Interesting observation is the amount of active ingredient being applied with each product. It varies and why? Wouldn't all group threes be equally as good or do some of them translocate or absorb better than others. At label rates: (Prices will vary of course)

Caramba(Metaconazole), 36 grams/ac. $16.50

Folicur(432)(Tebuconazole), 51 grams/ac.

Folicur(250)(Tebuconazole), 50 grams/ac. $11.25

Proline(light rate)(Prothioconazole), 60 grams/ac. $18.50

Proline(heavy rate)(Prothioconazole), 82 grams/ac. $24.50

Prosaro(Prothioconazole and Tebuconazole), 81 grams/ac. $17.25

Bravo(high rate)(Chlorothalonil), 500 grams/ac.

The group threes are systemic activity(of which was explained to me as, locally systemic) doesn't move far from point of contact.

The group M5 would be contact activity.

No sense in asking the Chem Co Reps... they will all defend their products as to why their's is better or at least as good. But why such a huge difference in active ingredients between the lowest and highest?

Can all you guys with Ag Diplomas or a level of education in Ag explain how all can be equal or that suddenly folicur is no good? All group 3s....

This might be over analyzed but you have to wonder why it is the way it is.

I have noticed Adama offers a Tebucanazole product in the USA but not Canada.
    http://www.adama.com/us/en/crop-protection/fungicides/orius-20-aq.html

I believe it's red tape and Bayer stopping a cheaper alternative to Folicur north of the border, somebody involved with chemical sales or the registration process could fill us in possibly.

Comment

Comment

2,4-D and Dicamba are in the same herbicide grouping, but I wouldn't use them at the same rate of active ingredient

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...