• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB marketing/price transparency

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB marketing/price transparency

Ration-Al;

I find it interesting that you suggest I have all the marketing and price info from the CWB I need.

Since there is another “monopoly” to look at… Let us take a look at the AWB for price transparency;

Here is some of the AWB info available @ http://www.awb.com.au/AWBL/Launch/Site/Growers/Content/Growers/BenefitsOfJoining/

Info available at no cost to Ausie Growers:

•Detailed daily prices for Cash at Silo, Fixed Grade Contract, and Estimated Silo Returns (with an additional Favourites feature).

•My Site Prices feature that allows Growers to create a list of sites showing prices by pay grade and by product type (ESR, Cash, Multi-V and Fixed Grade). Price information is ready and available each time Growers return to the Grower Services website. Price changes are reflected to show differences from the previous day.

•Price Trends enables Growers to view and compare price trend information for a particular commodity and grade across sites. Comparisons on commodity grades at a specific site can also be performed.

•Convenient access to all other AWB prices including Estimated Pool Returns (National Pool), Golden Rewards, Nominated Estimated Pool Returns, Historical Pool Prices, Multi Varietal Indicator Prices and Paygrade Spreads, Multi Varietal Payment Scales.

•Market Reports including Daily and Weekly reports.

•Premium Weather content including District Forecasts, National Satellite, State Satellite, Synoptic and Rainfall Forecasts, Southern Oscillation Index and Weather Watch reports.

Further the AWB has transparent bidding process with acceptance prices and volumes available. I was able to access these pricing signals a year or so ago, but now it appears it is available only to AWB members who have Login pass codes.

The CWB released price forecasts at the C to C seminar in Nisku, (which SHOULD have been avaliable to all growers) however the explanation of reasons for the world price of every CWB grain forecast released to us to drop by 10-20% (in US Currency) was not backed by any reasonable logic.

I must have the reasoning behind pricing forecasts the CWB creates, to know IF the forecast can be trusted.

Ration-Al, simple things like Producer Direct Daily sales prices, Domestic Daily sales prices, (both TBay and Port Price Based) as well as export sales values to; premium, medium price commercial, as well as discount valued sales to low value markets…

are info points I need to calculate CWB return values to my farm gate.

I need internet access… without going through an expensive call centre… and being required to “inconvenience” a human while waiting to have info from frozen/crashed computers… explained to me by human call centre operators (or worse the CWB sales Dept.)… who many times are not available... when I do much of my marketing research.

How much time on average do you spend on marketing research each day Ration-Al?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...