• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since it's Canada Day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it's Canada Day

http://www.inthe70s.com/prices.shtml

Bought a new 1970 Chevrolet, Bel Air 2 door hardtop, 350 2 barrel, 3 speed automatic for $3600 total cost.
    Took a holiday through northern USA, Minneapolis, Black Hills, no speed limit in Montana, drove 100 mph all across Montana, met 1 or 2 vehicles on the road.
    Can't remember US price of gas, was cheaper than at home.

Comment

I was 16 in 1972. A friends father gave 4 of us his 1969 Olds Cutlass to take out to Alberta for a summer vaca. It had a 350 rocket, 4 bbl, dual exhaust. The ultimate family car! We were all 16.

We picked up girls, scary hitchhikers, drag raced some Indians in Fort Macleod in a Dodge Dart swinger, and had lots of adventures.

Back on the farm, Dad was finally making money. The '70s saw him buy a car, tractors, a combine, and pay for it all with cash.

Comment

About 1970, NEW Case 1070, $10000, 1972 New case 1270, $13000, but by 1974, JD 4430 up to $18000. Think it increased 30% after Russian Grain Robbery. Oh ya, $2 canola in 1972, $9 canola in 75 or so. Must equal to $20-30 in today's $$.

Comment

9 dollars in 1975 is 40 bucks today.

Google it. There is a converter for you.

We are really asking for too much to get thru this drought considering what our product should be worth.

Why I always get the feeling I have a part in financing the world is beyond me. Lol.

Comment

God i wish people understand how and why this happened to us.

Comment

Cotton

Could you give me the short version. I really don't understand it.

Everything I buy is indexed. Everything I sell is market driven and fair.

I get confused. Help me because I am truly stupid when it comes to this.

Comment

I am like bucket, I really don't know why grain has not gone up at the same rate as the products they purchase to grow that grain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...