• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's up with wheat"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's up with wheat"

I have to ask, because last night it froze all the way down to Kansas and I'm sorry but if my wheat in Canada was flowering and it froze it would be shit.
    But the crop with 10 lies I mean lives just keeps adding yield.
    It's dry in some areas that two week ago rains did shit all.
    The Kansas wheat tour had some of the ugliest fields I have ever seen.
    Plus every tornado or hail storm has to be taking acres.
    But good old USDA comes out and says 41% is good.
    Well again time will tell but really last night had to of took out some big yields.

One would think the frost would not be good for mid growing season crops. But for now, there is lots of wheat stocks around the world.

Comment

The word to describe a lot of US winter wheat starts with the letter F.
      India also has a large problem with the wheat crop.

Markets should drop substantially.

Comment

JUST LIKE LAST YEAR, the market is telling,,,(Maybe better put, SCREAMING at YOU!) DON'T PLANT WHEAT !!!!

Comment

Sure,,, now I check and it's up! lol

Comment

The U.S. Winter wheat crop does not mean nothin - there is a huge record wheat crop coming from Mongolia did you not hear ??

Comment

EU and Russia seems drivers of wheat market in last few years

Comment

Did read today Russia and Ukraine aren't even close to getting the yields their projecting because farmers have no credit! Just saying market knows shit!

Comment

Yup offered wheat in containers to China, was a full 2$ a bushel over the offers, figured to match it we would have needed 4.00 wheat prices.

And so you wonder why we need efficient logistics, well this is definitely one reason: it costs a huge pile to get grain to market from Canada.

Comment

Too many middle men/people and miles between here and there. And everyone up the food chain has to live like kings and queens leaving tht bottom feeders - farmers as always, the pessants of the system.....

Comment

<a title="Cliff Jamieson - Wheat" href="http://www.dtnprogressivefarmer.com/dtnag/common/link.do?symbolicName=/ag/blogs/template1&blogHandle=canadamarkets&blogEntryId=8a8 2c0bc4c9a7d96014d4a24a0820614">Cliff Jamieson - Wheat</a>

Comment

Same experience here Vicki. We've been trying for years, can't compete nohow.

Comment

I have to ask the question why everyone continues to grow wheat for export. Why are there not more opportunities to process wheat domestically?

I would note the domestic feed market prices have actually been pretty good all winter. Yet barley acres are staying fairly stable. You have a choice of a market you sell to locally or markets you rely on railcars to get crop to port.

Comment

A cereal is a necessary evil of a decent crop rotation. Malt barley market it too small and a lottery, Oats...well, feed barley...if you're close to a market, canary seed ...easily overproduced.

We'll NEVER consume what we produce in Western Canada. Value added, alot of times, happens near where the end product in needed. Probably cheaper to ship raw bulk commodities than the finished product.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has ever compared the percentage of crop you grow for a domestic customer/can access by truck and the remainder that is grown for an export market/rely on the rail system?

Wheat is big challenge. A round number would put potential 2015 Canadian wheat production at about 30 MMT. Domestic disappearance is about 9 MMT. That means that 70 % of Canadian wheat production is exported/mostly dependent on the rail transportation and logistics sytem that blends/moves volume.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...