• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Farmers' Obligation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Farmers' Obligation

Thought I'd share this here. I'm sure it will stir up some debate, but that's why I wrote it - to make people think about the consequences of our farming actions.

The folks at the Ethical Omnivore Movement liked it and published it on their site as a blog. They're a group of people promoting sustainable farms and farming practices. Let me know what you think.
    http://www.ethicalomnivore.org/a-farmers-obligation/

Great essay Darcy...Glad you posted the link.

Comment

A very interesting read. Good job.

Comment

So true Darcy. The same thing hit me a number of years ago after a discussion with a crop farmer whom I had held up as the ideal sized operation. He worked about 4 times the land base that I had at the time.

My bubble was burst when he stated emphatically that "everything would work out better for me if I had just another 300 acres..."

Comment

Well written piece Darcy. I've posted it over on the "commodity" forum as there are some guys there who would benefit from reading it and reflecting upon it …but I doubt they will agree, LOL.

Comment

Thanks Darcy

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...