• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Potential of Herbs as a Cash Crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Potential of Herbs as a Cash Crop

Greetings all, I have been in the herbal business for 14 years and before that in the dairy biz for 22 years. My passion is the herbal industry and organic farming. We recently attended the Organic Conference in Ont. Wow! Lots of info. We would like to bring a International Herb Broker to Alberta to do a workshop on growing herbs and other crops. The herb industry is changing very rapidly and a growers biggest challenge is knowing the markets. This is very important if your intention is to have a crop that you can sell. I have lots of herbal links to go to that are full of info. Feel free to call me at 403-246-5929 and I will be glad to help you out.

People in Alberta are very interested in the herb industry. In fact, a group called the Alberta New Crop Network Society has been formed to be an umbrella organization for all special crops-including herbs. One of their main focuses is on marketing. I would suggest you call the president, Trace Johnston at (780) 448-1722 or contact Alberta New Crops Network,c/o Crop Diversification Centre North, 17507 Fort Road, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5B 4K3, Voicemail: (780) 415-2681 (Toll-free by dialing 310-000 in Alberta) Fax: (780) 422-6096

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.