• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China

Going to bring your discussion to another thread SCS. Hope you don't mind.

Interesting topic, and comments, here is my short two bits.

Met a Chinese delegation who was on a fact finding mission going to Agribition, and did they want answers. Biggest was, how can we get Canadian beef? Second one was how do they set up a farm to export the meat to China. They love our beef they ate in Canada!

What is the road blocks, trade issues with Governments.

What is our road blocks higher prices, the above and Government competeing for feed stuffs in the ethonal and bio diesel. If true that the US will be self sufficient in fuel supplies by 2017, and their economy continues to fail, that support will diminish.

SCS

IP: Logged
    Edit?
    grassfarmer Reply posted Nov 27, 2012 9:48 If they want Canadian beef all they need to do is pick
    up the phone to Mr Cargill or Mr Batista and set up a
    deal. Doesn't need any Government trade deal or CCA
    mission to China to secure market access.
    I suspect in reality the biggest problem would be
    price. I know from my own few Chinese beef
    customers they are very price sensitive.
    If they want to buy land here and raise cattle on it,
    sending the beef to China we have to be careful. No
    problem if they come as individual business
    immigrants but if they come as a front for the
    communist state Government it's different.

Over on the commodity marketing site they talk a lot about Chinese buying up Saskatchewan farmland, or at least are trying to?
    Will our government allow Chinese "state owned companies" buy up farmland? The Chinese government already has some major projects in the oilsands and some coal mines in BC> If the Nexen deal goes through CNOOC will be sole owner of a large oilsands project. Also a Malaysian state owned company is trying to buy a major NG producer.
    I would suggest the present federal government would have no problem with a state owned Chinese company buying farmland?

Comment

First off, in response to GF and his cheap Chinese customers... LOL

You should see the Chinese customers that come in to our store at Willow Park in Calgary. Less price sensitive than the Scottish ones by far. LMAO

And as for the Chinese taking over our country with these people who are fronts for the communist government --- once again ---- LAUGH MY A OFF.

Love the impedance GF.

And now for my opinion. Which you can challenge at any time GF..LOL

China is Canadian Beef's opportunity.

Canadian Beef that is --- not Cargill's Beef or some other American multinational company.

If you have ever been to China like yours truly and my partner who travels there on a regular basis, you will see a kind of patriotism that rivals America and likely even exceeds it as the population is almost all Chinese and not infiltrated with Obama supporters like the USA. LOL

Do the Chinese want to pick up the phone and chat with Mr. Cargill... Hell no. That would be counter productive to the purpose behind the entire country of China and not just their communist government. China is loving the sight of America at it's knees economically.

There are other issues that are on the table as well SCS that I also personally believe are linked to non Cargill beef going to China. One of these issues is a continued ban on bone in products and the fact that ractopomine is banned from import food products as well.

I totally agree with our Chinese cousins on the ractopomine issue and you can imagine the challenges that brings forth to Cargill as they support any and all commodity building tactics within our so called food chain. As for the boneless cuts --- we feel quite confident that this issue will be resolved quickly as soon as we begin exports from our Canadian owned packing plant.

China is the story folks. 1.4 billion people with a growing middle class that will soon exceed the entire population of the USA. I have said this before on this site and will say it once again. I personally saw more BMW's and Porsche's in a Chinese city of over 7 million people than I have seen in any of the other large cities around the world that I have visited. One "little" city in China that I had never heard of before we dropped in on last December. One little city where we went through a 5 km tunnel to visit a hot tub resort that had over 50 different hot tubs with more posh than I believe you would see in Hollywood.

As for fear ---- once again my personal opinion. I believe that the Chinese are afraid that Canadians are too closely tied to Americans and will sell out to America if given a chance. We are building relationships in China that may take a little more time, but hey --- Canadians have been kissing American ass for decades.

If we want to rebuild our industry and sell beef at a NON discounted American price to the world, we need to take responsibility and do it ourselves.

Or sell our cattle to Mr. Cargill and let the world make the call to them as GrassFarmer says.

Comment

Randy cann't agree with more. But the statement "China is loving the sight of America at it's knees economically" is not quite accurate as 68% of the trillons of dollars the US owes is to China. If the US goes under so does the ability for China to recovery their loans. I believe that on the hand the China government will have great leverage on US if they start recalling loans

Comment

Not sure where you got the 68% from forage but I also agree with you that China does not want the USA to go under. Just remain weak.

Comment

I bow to your greater knowledge Randy and await
            your first shipments to China with eager anticipation.
            While i'm waiting you could maybe explain to me the
            following comment?
            "Love the impedance GF. "
            I think you've got the wrong word but I'm not even
            sure which one you meant to use.

Comment

How the Chinese are getting around buying the Ag Land is going through a landed immigrant, and the foreign investers go to work. In Saskatchewan and probably other places it is being done. Along the Manitoba border I have been told they own 1300 cows and land to go with it.

That same group has just bought another 17 quaters and looking to diversify.

The group I talked to last week want cattle and grain.

When he asked how many people in our Province, told him just over a million people, his reply was his town has over 20 million.

Playing with an Elephant.

SCS

Comment

Maybe we could convince them to start setting up slaughter plants.

Comment

Think they tried a few years ago.... but wantd to test everything for BSE and were not allowed.....

Comment

When flow is steady, impedance is simply the resistance, e.g., the driving pressure per unit flow; when flow is changing, impedance also includes the factors that oppose changes in flow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...