• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aschochyta in lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aschochyta in lentils

I recently did a germ test on my lentils. It showed that I had 15% Aschochyta. Can I treat this and use it for seed this year? If I can treat, what chemical is recommended and at what cost? Is the ascohyta affected seed still viable seed?

I just finished watching the video from the Sask. Pulse Growers Meeting and they say anything less than 5% is okay to seed anything between 6 and 10% to treat with Crown and anything over 10% not to be used for seed. As for cost of Crown I do not know that answer. I am just a lentil grower as of last year so this is all new to me but thought I'd pass on the info that I had found out on this subject, hope this is of assistance to you.

Comment

Crown was about 7 bucks a bushel last time i used it. Thats at full rate. I went half rate and it seemed to do the trick, though if are going to seed 15 % aschochyta i might not cut back. Might be cheaper to find some better seed.

Comment

I would consider 15% Asc infection as being unacceptable in lentils. Seed treatments are ment to protect the quality you have rather than repairing poor seed. I would suggesting sourcing some healthier seed. This disease is quite serious in lentils and quite virulent as well. As highwood had said, less than 5% infection is considered acceptable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...