• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aschochyta in lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aschochyta in lentils

I recently did a germ test on my lentils. It showed that I had 15% Aschochyta. Can I treat this and use it for seed this year? If I can treat, what chemical is recommended and at what cost? Is the ascohyta affected seed still viable seed?

I just finished watching the video from the Sask. Pulse Growers Meeting and they say anything less than 5% is okay to seed anything between 6 and 10% to treat with Crown and anything over 10% not to be used for seed. As for cost of Crown I do not know that answer. I am just a lentil grower as of last year so this is all new to me but thought I'd pass on the info that I had found out on this subject, hope this is of assistance to you.

Comment

Crown was about 7 bucks a bushel last time i used it. Thats at full rate. I went half rate and it seemed to do the trick, though if are going to seed 15 % aschochyta i might not cut back. Might be cheaper to find some better seed.

Comment

I would consider 15% Asc infection as being unacceptable in lentils. Seed treatments are ment to protect the quality you have rather than repairing poor seed. I would suggesting sourcing some healthier seed. This disease is quite serious in lentils and quite virulent as well. As highwood had said, less than 5% infection is considered acceptable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.