• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The colony of western Canada.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The colony of western Canada.....

continues to get the shaft.
    Check out the thread in Commodity Marketing dealing with the $3.20 per bushel difference in wheat prices... depending on if you are a Montana grower, or under the jurisdiction of the precious... sacred....C.W.B.

Ivebinconned: No way am I going to defend the CWB, but would things change if you were able to market direct?
    If you could sell into that Montana market how long do you think the border would stay open?
    Consider the difference right now between a steer in Omaha and one in Calgary. This is how the Americans operate...always have, always will!
    So when the grain boys quote these high American prices it is misleading because we all know they won't allow Canadian grain to displace American grain.
    When we were exporting large amounts of cattle into the US, why did they allow that to happen? Because they were exporting their own cattle(and a lot of ours)into the lucrative Asian market. They were getting the cream and allowing us the skim! And they did that by using predatory business practices backed up by the American treasury!

Comment

cowman, I take it you have not enjoyed the prosperity that the cattle business has had to offer western Canada since The free trade agreement that was executed between George Bush and Brian Mulroney in the early 1980's. I recall at that time sitting on the Alberta Cattle Commission and honyokers from N.E. Alberta trying their damndest to get the Alberta Government pay for double decker cattle rail cars so we could continue to give our calves to Ontario cattle feeders, subsidized by Alberta taxpayers.
      Thank God, and Cargill, and more than a few others, that did not happen, what has happened is 20 years of relative prosperity in the cattle business in western Canada.
      Mr. cowman the question you and several thousand other producers in western Canada need to ask is this!!!
      What is the Canadian Wheat Board doing with the $3.20 less that they are paying canadian producers for winter wheat than grain companies are paying to producers in Northern Montana. No doubt these companies are evil American and you are quite willing to give up a net profit of $100 /acre so you can be a real Canadian and and let the Canadian Wheat Board keep this $100 per acre for people that count, bureacrats and their supporters.
      This $100 / acre the Canadian Wheat Board steals from Western Grain producers is intolerable. Shirley, the old canadian clowns that played the double cross the americans and give your wheat to russia game, during the cold war, is over, the gigs up.

Comment

A long time before we had free trade we had a very viable feeding and slaughter business here. There were virtually no feeders going east by the early eighties. Those days were over by the early seventies and that is a fact. We had ample packing capacity to kill everything in the west.
        Was free trade good for the Canadian beef producer? Actually we already had free trade in cattle and beef! The western beef herd expanded for one reason and one reason alone...the death of the Crow! Which in reality was the death of the export grain business!
        No way am I going to defend the CWB! I believe they need to go. And if you think then you can get rich selling to the Americans all the power to you. Why maybe when this great reversal in fortunes happens I will rip up the grass and get in on that lucrative American market! I mean we have the free trade deal right? And Americans are free traders right?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...