• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed Alliance/Pc party

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivbinconned –Douglas Christie

Your comment “ This refers to a survey funded by the Federal Government in the body called “Center for Research on information on Canada.” Even the title is deadly boring,

What do you think your write-up was?
    It was the most repetitious boring garbage I ever read in my life and I am a pensioner.

Comment

"The problem with people in the world is not that people don't know enough, the problem is that what most people know ain't so". paraphrased from Mark Twain

Comment

Straw boss; I remind you, that the tread that you started on Nov. 18th titled "Why are we so smart" I quickly and accurately pointed out that you were writing "garbage" (your word), in that you came back after being gone for a year and then arrogantly painted these forms and all that had been written as useless.
        You addmited that was not a fair comment, but you do not change your ways.
        If you, in your age of wisdom deem only your interest, your pronouncements or thinking are worth considering and you find the postings of others so "boring" then may I suggest that you take another year off. Why waste your time?

When we refuse to challenge our own existing dogmas and conditioned beliefs, when we defend what we think we already know, closing our minds to new possibilities, it is then that we remain bound by the chains of unforgiving ignorance.

Comment

Ivbinconned

Have you traveled the world and compared life in Alberta, with the rest of the world and most of Canada?
          In a few words tell me what the federal government took away from Alberta that lower our standard of living? I am not talking about equalization transfer payments.
          Did you consider running in a federal election? ( or are you a elected politician )
          Do you really think majority of Albertans would vote for separation?
          In my travel to Eastern Canada I can see the majority of the people have the same problems and grievances as we do in Alberta.
          Globalization has changed the way we have to do business also demands from unions that provide the necessary services is also a strain on the tax dollars.
          Are Albertans so resource rich that we can snub our neighbours?
          I think we have good essential services and I don’t think separation would improve that.
          Threat to separate and break up Canada is a form of terrorism in my view.

I think there is a little misunderstanding on the boring part of our comments and you started by stating that the government study was boring and that is true because it was also long and went in circles.

I probably would have enjoyed reading your comments if they were not so longwinded and repetitious, because you had some good comments. Also you have to double space for paragraphs and it makes it easier to read.

Comment

Steve...oh sorry I mean Strawboss: The fact of the matter is your proposals or my proposals are never going to happen. No way is Winnepeg going to be the capital and no way are the provinces ever going to have an equal number of seats. And you are a federalist and ivebinconned and myself are seperatists. Which is okay...after all our federal parliment has said it is okay in the Clarity act? Quebec has pioneered the way for the rest of us.
            When, and if the day comes that we get a referendum we'll all get a chance to vote how we feel. I hope with all my heart that that day comes in my lifetime.
            The "Alberta Agenda" could be a step to independence or it could be the start of a new understanding within confederation. After all we ask no more than Quebec already has. Maybe first Alberta? Then B.C.? Then maybe the floodgates open and all provinces take back their rights?

Comment

Strawboss; you question my credentials...although you don't tell us yours! Other than to say that you have seen the "good, bad and the ugly"

1. Yes I infact have traveled far and wide. I have driven from the west coast to the east coast and from northern Canada to mexico.I have family that have lived in every part of the world and in every part of Canada. I was born and raised in Alberta and have lived most of my working life in Saskatchewan.
              I have raised a family and now have grand kids.
              I am a reader and I have a long memory...just what a western federalist doesn't want me to have.

2.What have the feds taken from Alberta...where have you been?? Give your head a shake man. Alberta's succes has not been BECAUSE of the federal government but rather INSPITE of it! The low dollar policy of the feds for the last 25 years which catered to the interests of Ontario has resulted in Alberta losing ownership of much of it industry including PACKING PLANTS. Also, as was stated by Lou Dobbs the other night,the free trade aggreements that our federal governments have aggreed too were realy about insuring the saftie of American investments in Canada.
              3.Yes I have run for political office...however not federal. I wouldn't be able to look at my constituants in the eye and tell them that sending an MP from the west to Ottawa is realy worth the money. Get me a Triple E Senate and I may reconsider. Good luck!
              4. "Will Albertan's ever consider separation". They will if they ever know whats good for them. Even Preston admited to me in 87 that if Reform failed...it would be "replaced." And I suspect he meant a more uncompromising movement.
              5. "Ontario has had the same greviences". Again I ask...where have you been? Take note...the political movements of the protest type, start where? I leave that one for you to answer.
              6. Albertans are not snobs and are quite capable of decideing where to give charity on ther own with haveing the feds rob them and then give to wealthy people in the east.
              8. "Essential services"?? Again I ask...what are you talking about? Take off those rose colored glasses and turn off the CBC.
              9. "Separation equals terrorism"...really! Tell that to my West German friends or to a South Korean. Tell that to my relitives that escaped from, and were separated from, family when Russia fell. Tell that to my relitives that escaped with just there lives when Etheopia fell to tyrants. Tell that to a wife that has been repeatedly beaten for years by an abusive husband.

I hope I have answered your questions Strawboss...perhaps you would like to share something about yourself. But I would like to share this...Milton Friedman said "A society that puts equality...ahead of freedom, will end up with neither equality nor freedom."
              That is where the media and political elites are taking Canada.
              Some may be of the opinion that the country is sacred and I would tend to concure that yes, the land is! BUT the POLITCAL boundries are NOT! THEY where created by man. My patriotism lies more with the traditional principles of family, freedom, liberty, the right to own property, etc.
              I will not blindly defend the corrupt political system that is Canada. If you do ...that is your choice...and I will defend your right to do so.

Comment

Ivbinconned

I just asked you a few simple questions and I don’t care about your life history, but you seem to get all bent out of shape and threw a tantrum, slow down man and give your head a shake.

This is just coffee shop talk and we don’t have to agree on comments and views, and don’t be such a windbag. You don’t have to explain every little detail, because most people are smarter than you think.

With statements like---will Albertans ever consider separation? --- they will if they ever know what’s good for them. You must think your a prince in shining armor riding a white stallion and will save us from all evil. My apologies I didn’t mean to upset you and will refrain from making comments on you write-ups, your on the wrong side of the fence for me and have the NDP smarts. Take a holiday you need it and maybe you missed one or two places.

Comment

That letter signed by Doug Christie is without a doubt one of the biggest pieces of crap that I have ever read on this forum.
                  He tries to post on other forums and gets shot down regularly.
                  If you want to read his crap, fine but I refuse to accept his crap.

Comment

Cowman-- my name is “ Fred as in flint stones,” and I am getting older--- still enjoy reading your verity of comments ( at times a little spicy but never long and boring ) and this coffee shop talk keeps us trying to solve on going world problems.

It will be a sad day for all if Alberta separates from Canada.

Comment

Strawboss: Hey it would be a pretty boring world if one of us stated something and we all just nodded our heads in agreement! A variety of opinion is what makes the world go around. And I can see value in some of what you say but still disagee, right? So go to it, it livens up this forum!
                      Wilagro: Realize that Doug Christie is a politician and a free speech advocate. So he uses rhetoric and might overstate some things. I have heard him speak and he is pretty good! The main stream media has tried to portray him as a Nazi or something because he represents some pretty bad old boys in court! But he does believe that someone has to do it! Someone has to stand up for free speech and for the rights of everyone, not just the politically correct!
                      I did not know he was trying to post here!!! Now he would make this site rock and roll without a doubt!
                      You should also realize that the WCC(Christies Independence Party) was once a force in Alberta...actually elected one MLA in Olds/Didsbury! They held rallies all over Alberta and they were packed! The amazing thing was the attendance...not wild eyed radicals but a solid number of respected businessmen and farmers. For a variety of reasons the WCC dropped the ball and have become a pretty weak party, mostly in B.C. I am pretty sure they are never going to amount to much and Christie is pretty much a voice crying in the wilderness.

Comment

Cristie has always been like a lightning rod, drawing a vicious responce from liberal, phoney federalist and left wing types!

I think I flushed a couple out here...what fun.

Notice how the critics attack...never addressing the substance of the comments. Just name calling etc. Well... sticks and stones....

I hope this was a short enough post...some have short attention spans.

Enjoy your coffee....

Comment

If you want to be conned by Doug Christie that is your business. I am neither left-wing or particularly federalist. I believe in responsible private enterprise otherwise I wouldn't be farming.

Hows that for free speech?

Comment

wilagrow; a con artist always has some big payoff coming to them, otherwise they wouldn't attempt the con.

Please explain what reward Cristie has personally gained by advocating Western Canadian Independance for the past 25 years.

Seems to me that if he was driven by personal gain he would have climbed on to some other political band wagon!!

And please tell us...do you really think that the west has not had any legitimate grevinces with regard to treatment in CONfederation.

Comment

ivbinconned--Liberal phony federalist and left wing type is name calling--- saying someone comments are garbage is addressing the substance of the comments.

Comment

Wilagro: I like how you describe your belief in "responsible free enterprize". I think that is a pretty fair description of a small C conservative. I'd have to join you on that one!
                                We all have our own perception of how we see the world and that is our right! Hopefully we also have the right to stand up and express that perception? Dismissing the others views as garbage or to portray them as idiots is not the way to go. Trying to understand anothers viewpoint can be difficult. You don't have to agree with them, you can even challenge their view, but it doesn't have to degenerate into the tactics of the schoolyard.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...