• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calf span

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calf span

does anyone know if there is a replacement for calf span...on my operation the long lasting type drugs are far more easier to work with...up till now the calves have all been healthy...but with the stress on the calves for past 5 days ...when it starts to get sloppy there might be problems...

We haven't used a calf-span in probably 7 or 8 years. I don't know what your vaccination program is but most of our sickies are treated with LA. We've been happy with the results. If you are using calf-spans I am surmising you have some coccidial problems. Try feeding either Rumensin or Bovatec to your herd somehow, we put Bovatec in the mineral and start feeding it a month before the cows move to the calving pasture. We are also on a scour vaccination program.
    We've found that good nutrition and a good vaccination program pretty well eliminates sick calves. Bad weather does create a lot of extra work though doesn't it?

Comment

Sustain III bolus. Same thing, different company.

Comment

.,thanks kato...i have used sustain before on the odd background calves...was hoping there was a smaller bolus for young calves...

Comment

not sure where you at but, across the line in the US calf sized sulfa pills are available. pretty cheap $40 something for 50 pills. Western ranch supply has whole online catalogue not sure if they can ship them to Canada or not. Brought a supply of them back on an ivomec run last fall but haven't had to pop a pill yet, but had a report from another person that brought them back that they worked very well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...