• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double standards

I see the Alberta Government continues with it's policy of double standards. From the people who were adamant that their Government would not get involved in the beef processing sector by financially assisting, smaller local packing plants to set up it seems there is plenty money available for the energy sector.
    Alberta Energy is to fund a small cellulose based ethanol plant in my local town Rimbey to the tune of $5 million. Why is this acceptable when any plan we might have had to build a local meat processing facility would have been turned down for Government financing?
    It's a double blow to area livestock producers as this area does not have a surplus of straw and this subsidised plant will artificially increase the price of local straw and necessitate hauling straw in from areas far to the east of Highway 2. What will the net carbon footprint of that be?

...i totally agree grassfarmer...it is sometimes hard to understand the masterminds behind such projects...one would think they would build closer to the source of straw...how much economical sense is it to truck straw 50 miles plus...but then if the taxpaper is paying the bill what would they care...you can almost picture what will happen after the subsizing is gone...

Comment

The answer is simple. The gvt. made and agreement with Lakeside many years ago not to help anyone else get into competition with them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...