• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Stock Trailers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Stock Trailers

My trusty old steel stock trailer has reached the end of its days. I have looked at a few aluminum livestock trailers but it is hard to pick one from another. Can anyone offer any advice or experiences?

I have a Kiefer. Had to find an aluminium guy to rebuild the hole rearend and door. Try something else.

Comment

now you tell a guy per ...lol...i chose a kiefer cause i like the way the back door latches...my old geortzen..sp.. was a pain to shut...i tried out a featherlite which i found the latching system cumbersome...it was also quite a bit more expensive...

Comment

Look into Liftoff trailers...they are built in Sask I think...they make an aluminum stock version...i have a big triple axle stock with steel body and i gotta say they are very well built.

Nice thing is they can convert to a flat deck...vs

Comment

I like the door too blackjack. It just wasn't strong enough for my abuse. It is now. Never changed the basis design, just made it out of twice the thickness. It could be that I am willing to go were no man should pulling a trailer.

Comment

Featherlight over here. Lucked out and bought it used from a guy who bought it used from a elk farmer who hardly used it. The second guy never used it much either. Enough about being used.

I love it except that we can't get a weld to stay on one of the back door hangers. Have put about 7 or 8 thousand KM's on thing thing delivering bulls each of the last three years and have not even changed a tire. On top of the bull hauls it gets used a lot around home as well. I think the back door thing has something to do with coming home empty across them there Saskatchewan goat trails. Thank God you guys got a new government. Use that oil you bin saving up for some friggin asphalt.

I would highly recommend a featherlight farmers_son. If you join up with Canada Gold Beef, you will even have the money to pay for it.

Have a great day
            Randy

Comment

FS
              Our Wilson has sure been a good trailer, just had it's 15th birthday.

Comment

There is guy / old farmer/rancher 30 minuets north of Saskatoon that has fixed and re-built just about every kind of aluminum wagon on the road. I think he's calls Wayne's Trailer Repair or something like that. Try 306-497-2767.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.