• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCA President Not Ruling Out Leaving CCA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The President of the Ontario Cattlemen's Association is not ruling out - pulling out - of their national body over a policy dispute.

Gord Hardy says he does not want to pull out of the Canadian Cattlemen's Association -- but he notes that certainly is an option.

The dispute is around the CAIS program, which is now known as AgriStability.

The OCA is of the mindset that it is not working, especially because reference margins continue to decline.

However the national body - feels it can work.

Hardy says the reason for the differing views -- is because of the western focus of the CCA, and the fact Alberta producers have had their reference margins changed by the province.

Ontario producers haven't - which is why Hardy says it's an unfair advantage that can't continue.

CCA President Brad Wildeman is to fly into Ontario to meet with the OCA, likely in April, to discuss this situation.

And while Hardy says they need a strong national lobby for Ottawa, the OCA cannot let western provinces dictate policies that are hurting Ontario producers.

OCA / CCA - - possible split?

Look, let's be realistic.

Everytime one of those supposed leaders goes to a slaughter house, or visits a corporate headquarters or tells us all how it is doing everyone a great deal of benefit when they promote the consumption of beef - all I do is laugh.

First off what I would like them to do is tell us how we get a fair frigging price for those worthless animals walking across the pasture.

I give a damn about discussing a new cut of beef, or begging to the local politician for more money or crying to the media about how hard done by the poor cattle guy is.

In fact I am tired of it.

I hope they do split.

It might actually make some of those "leaders" realize that what they are doing is nothing.

All that lobbying does nothing more than allow those businesses that are higher up the food chain than the basic cow calf person to make more money.

It never gets transferred down the the PRICE TAKER - the cow calf producer.

Support programs?

A joke.

Split boys - do it if you have the balls - I will support it but doubt it will happen - time to run your own program and to hell with the big boys - they give a rats ass about the OCA anyway.

Bez

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...