• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Day After

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Day After

Is it the start of a new beginning with the election of a majority NDP government in Saskatchewan, or is it just a continuation of the same old rhetoric and worn out ideals? Time will tell us what actually happened yesterday. I personally don't think it would make much difference one way or the other the problems facing the province are easy to figure out. It is the solutions that are hard to come by and will take time and money to enact, no matter who was in power. Lack of money and lact of enthusiasm translate into the same old same old!!!!!!!

Your right C.B.300 it will be the same old. And even had the government changed it would be the same old. I have said for maney years that with all the important powers held by Ottawa, about all the provincial parties can do is argue about what roads to pave and in what town government offices will reside. Neither of our choices appeared to be parties of great courage.

Comment

My local paper "Red Deer Advocate", a southam paper, had this to say about Lorne Calvert.
      "Calvert is the kind of elected representative who will tell the truth even when it is to his disadvantage. And he's the sort of man who doesn't appear to carry any sense of self importance.
      When a newspaper reporter would ask him a question that might cause him or his party some political embarrassment, he'd always get back to the reporter with a detailed answer. And his response would be truthful.
      If you met Calvert, you'd walk away thinking "Why can't more politicians be like that?""
      Sounds to me like the man must have something going for him? Might not be very competent but at least he's honest?

Comment

Calvert..."honest"...acording to the media??? Ya right!

Comment

Ivbinconned: I am shocked that you would not believe our press! Maybe you need to be sent to a re-education center or something? After all this is a Southam paper and they wouldn't lie would they? We're talking about a national institution here after all!

Comment

I accept your rebuke!! From now on I will believe everything I hear or read in the press.

Comment

Good call 'carebear', unless we can convince all our young people to stay at home and work for the crowns there is little incentive to stay, barring a miracal change in policy. I will be seriously considering selling out to the First Nations, the only people left in our area with money.

Comment

Glad to hear you saw the light, Ivebinconned! I guess we won't have to send you to Siberia after all!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...