• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Weber's Radio show

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry Weber's Radio show

Parsley

Do you know what happened to it? I went to listen to the latest show as I was away and they are all gone from the 980 insider site.

It was kind of like the "Western Seducer", it got my blood pumping. I am going to miss it.

rodb,

A couple of weeks ago, I tuned in and there was nothing. No show at all. It was such an interesting show! If you wanted to know what was going on, Weber was sure tuned in.

I sent an e-mail into the station to see if what time it was on, and heard back zippo.

Maybe you can email in and let us know as they ignored my query. I typed 980 radio saskatchewan into google to get the number.

Parsley

Comment

OK Parsley, I'll bite. How is this this the CWB's fault?

By the way, you previously bragged about how great a show this was so what happened? Perhaps your tastes and opinions aren't as common as you think?

Comment

I enjoyed the show and it seems rodb did, too. Weber put a lot of work/ research in that show which is what made it interesting; we get his daily newsletter.

Lots of farm shows are good for agriculture and farmers.

Parsley

Comment

The Guardian (Charlottetown)
          10 April, 2007

MP says Parliament should decide Wheat Board fate

The fate of the Canadian Wheat Board should be decided by Parliament, not an arbitrary regulation by the Conservative government, says Liberal agriculture critic Wayne Easter.

Easter said federal Agriculture Minister Chuck Strahl has announced the government could end the CWB's single-desk system for barley marketing simply by writing a new regulation, an approach that would bypass Parliament.

Media reports say the CWB is already seeking legal advice for a possible challenge to the government's plan, Easter said.

The minister's decision came in the wake of results from a plebiscite among barley farmers that the government interprets as an endorsement for ending the board's single-desk system for barley.

Parsley

Comment

I agree with Wayne Easter.

Parliament should be the final arbiter on the CWB.

Comment

'arbitrary regulation' like this is just out of the blue,someone thought this up last night. Right. Give me a break.

It's time to move on guys. Other than signing the papers the deal is done. The process and terms have been agreed to and hands have been shook.

Comment

Ralph Goodale trying to run "jail the damn farmers" loophole through Parliament would have caused a little 'edgeyness" backthen!

Wouldn't single-deskers rather keep their regulatory-habit in play?

Parsley

Comment

Parsley,

Goodale did not even allow the normal 30 day response period when he did his change. He broke the law... if anyone has he guilty not Minister Strahl.

Comment

Tom4CWB,
                    Do you suppose wilagrow would be making that post back then?

Right.

Parsley

Comment

I hear from a good source that the Larry Weber family are farming 'on the weekends' on their newly purchased farm.

Good luck to a new farm family in Saskatchewan!

Parsley

Comment

A large vegetable garden plot.

Parsley

Comment

parsley: Whatta you mean by dis?

Tom4CWB,
                          Do you suppose wilagrow would be making that post back then?

Major changes re: the CWB. Yes they should be passed by the Parliament. Regulatory changes as Goodale made were within his per-due.

No problemo.

Comment

I'd sooner discuss 14(a) with you on th other thread

Parsley

Comment

Mr. Hin;

You wrote:

"OK Parsley, I'll bite. How is this this the CWB's fault?

By the way, you previously bragged about how great a show this was so what happened? Perhaps your tastes and opinions aren't as common as you think?"

So who owns the station Larry Weber did the show on... Rawlco Radio...

And who owns this but Gordon and Doug Rawlinson.

How did it happen that Dion, Goodale and the Liberal/CWB crew just happened to be at the Junios in Saskatoon?

How close is the connection between the Dion Liberals and the Rawlinsons... and the Liberal policy on the CWB policy? Isn't a top advisor to Dion and Goodale not a Rawlinson... this same family who owns how many radio stations (I understand over a dozen) in AB, SK, and connections into MB?

There is no connection?

ChuckChuck... what do you think...

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck... would you evade the truth and call it a subspecies of a waterfowl type of bird?

Do you and Mr. Hin think we are stupid?

Wilagro... the process used by Goodale on the 1996 Export License CWB regulation change was wrong... I did not say he couldn't do it that way.

In fact the "Honourable" Goodale rode all over our property rights when he sacked "designated area" growers & made this fundemental change to the CWB Act... that change itself proved the CWB was voluntary even by CDN law... to that point!

No Vote.

Goodale took our rights away to avoid the CWB.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...