• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't compete with cw or rk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't compete with cw or rk

I can't compete with those two boys for catchy topics, so I'll just stick to inviting everyone to have a peak at our bulls selling in early April.

www.BlackAngusBulls.ca

Did anyone else enjoy that hot spell yesterday!! We trailed the first calf heifers to a drier spot and it was a warm one .. 17 and calm. Days like that are easy to take. Today was a different story!

Typical March weather eh Inahurry. If we slow down a bit, we can even enjoy those colder days.
    Very nice web page. I could not see a place to have a look at each of your sale bulls. Stats are great, but a picture sells a thousand words. Did I say sells or tells. Oh well. You get the message.

All the best
    Randy

Comment

Thanks Randy

There are lots of pictures but a person does have to click the tag number for a particular bull. I did a repeat of the viewing instructions by adding ( . . . . . Click the " tag # " ) again in the chart.

I didn't want the page to contain all the bull pictures so dial up users wouldn't be frustrated with the download time. Therefore each bull has his own page with pictures. There are also male sibling pictures available (if the Mother had one in the past three years) by clicking the "Dam" link - I've left the 2005 & 2006 sale pages online so interested persons could see the consistancy and quality which the Dam has produced in the past. The Dam pages are a little 'heavier' with small photos but I hope I've kept them big enough to portray the cow.

On that note ... if anyone has any suggestions to make our site easier to tour - I'd very much appreciate the comments.

Comment

Nice site, and fairly well organized. One thing I think you should look at doing is buying a digital camcorder and taking movies of each of your bulls. Just a 15 - 30 second shot of each bull as they're moving out so the buyer can get a look at more than one angle.

I received an Angus catalog in the mail a few weeks ago, and looking through the catalog, I thought to myself "Well, theres a group of average to below average bulls. Guess I won't be going to that sale.". But they'd included a DVD that could be played either on computer or on your home entertainment centre. So just out of curiosity, I popped it into the player. The change in the bulls was staggering, and it turns out that the only real problem was the photographer. End result was that I got a good look at a set of VERY nice walking, functional bulls.

Rod

Comment

Inahurry I could not find the site you posted on BlackAngus might be doing something wrong. I tried searching www.BlackAngusBulls.ca and the search came up with nothing . If you got any suggestions let me know

Comment

hayburner: Here is the full page name for the main bull sale page:

http://www.southshadow.homestead.com/Bulls_For_Sale.html

I'm not sure why the www.BlackAngusBulls.ca isn't working for you ... sorry about that.

Rod: thanks for the comment. We have thought about such an offer. Unfortunately it (CD/DVD/VCR) never got made this year. We weren't going to include it with every catalogue but make it available for those who ask. We can offer additional 'stills' at this point. I'm just looking at the calendar and wondering if video footage might be possible ... if we could have it ready to mail by Tues/Weds it might just work yet! If that interests anyone drop us an email: dcdelorme@sasktel.net

rkaiser: I can't slow down, I'm fighting age and there are to many things I want to do before I kick the bucket! LOL frozen fingers and toes buggers up my schedule !! LOL

Comment

That worked . Thanks great selection and well put together/

Comment

According to my clock - it's now sale day. For those interested, sale weights and scrotal measurements are posted
                http://www.southshadow.homestead.com/Sale_Bulls_Scrotal_Weights.html

There are also two scratches (30S & 23S)and one added sale lot (35S) - he sells first.

If any of you readers make it today, PLEASE, come up and introduce yourself.

Time to hit the sheets . . .

Comment

Can't compete eh. Wow is all I can say. That is one of the best Bull Sale sites I have ever seen. All the best you guys - I hope you rock the rafters.

Comment

I echo Randy's comments, hopefully your sale went well, and you had lots of interest from cash laden buyers !!

Great website,you sound like a very busy family, and how great for your kids and likely grandkids in the future to be raised on a multi generation operation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.