• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butcher's Daughter Serves Up Dad's Wisdom - New Book

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butcher's Daughter Serves Up Dad's Wisdom - New Book

THE BEST ADVICE YOU’LL EVER GET!
    Butcher’s Daughter Serves Up
    Dad’s Wisdom and Wit in New Book

KANSAS CITY -- A well respected Kansas City butcher is being immortalized in a new book written by his daughter. John F. Bichelmeyer, long time owner and operator of Bichelmeyer Meats, dispensed fatherly wit and wisdom to daughter Mary, who writes about it in Lunchmeat & Life Lessons: Sharing a Butcher's Wisdom.

Picture this: a family gathered around the table, listening to Dad’s advice. No, it’s not Father Knows Best or some other bygone-era TV show. This scene was reality for Kansas Citian Mary B. Lucas, the butcher’s daughter.

Mary’s father, John Bichelmeyer, a Kansas City butcher with an eighth-grade education and 10 children, always served up a little wisdom and compassion along with ground beef and bacon to his clientele, friends and family.

Now Mary offers her father’s insights in her thoughtfully inspiring new book, Lunchmeat & Life Lessons: Sharing a Butcher’s Wisdom.

“My dad often said, ‘remember to pour on the comeback sauce on everyone you meet,’” says Mary. “I’ve found that his advice has gotten me far in life.”

John came of age in a much simpler time, long before customer service departments or business management seminars. He gave away generous servings of what he called ‘comeback sauce’—a little added value to keep his customers returning to his butcher shop, Bichelmeyer Meats, still going strong in Kansas City, KS after 60 years in business.

Lunchmeat & Life Lessons shares bite-size nuggets of common sense wisdom such as:

Make a good first impression—remember that the first hunk of meat you sell is yourself!
    See the best in people—if you don’t like somebody, then they don’t like you.
    Take control of your life—be a person who makes things happen.
    Don’t be self-centered—when you’re all wrapped up in yourself, you make a damn small package.
    Be prepared—don’t let go of one limb until you have a firm hold on another.
    As an adult, Mary used her father’s advice to work her way up the corporate ladder of the staffing industry. With more than 25 years of experience in employment and workforce management, Mary’s father’s advice has helped her coach many professionals to reach goals, enhance working relationships and improve team performance.

“I earned my B.D.—which stands for Butcher’s Daughter—by listening to my father’s stories about how he achieved success in making deep connections with the people around him,” Mary says. “Lunch Meat & Life Lessons will empower others to do the same.”

Lunch Meat & Life Lessons is published by MBL Press, a division of MBL Consulting, LLC in Kansas City. It may be ordered at www.consultwithmbl.com or at www.amazon.com.

For more information or to preview the book, visit www.consultwithmbl.com
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.