• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's steering the ship?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's steering the ship?

It seems given the quick turnaround in getting the barley plebiscite moments after the task-force release which the Liberals have been asking for, just wondering who is in the seat of making the decisions in regards to the CWB. Is it David? Chuck? Gerry? Liberals - unlikely, but...?

Seems many are a bit baffled themselves of the 'plan'. What gives?

WD9, I think everyone is confused here.

I think, Harper and Strahl are trying to steer the ship, but I think they thought (unrealistcly)they were going to be steering in calm waters.

But we all know this is not the case. So they are learning on the go, how to navigate this very rough and unpredictable issue.

But my belief is they believe there is a risk of their government falling before spring and so they didn't want to go into an election while the issue of a plebicite haning over their heads.

It's pure politics. Good policy gets shoved to the backburner while they need to tend to the politics.

This is why we need this thing finally resolved and get wheat out of the political arena. It looks like it may take more time though, but it will be worth it because the political fighting and wrangling is slowly destroying this industry.

I believe in all my heart the CWB, the Liberals and the NDP don't give two whits about the wheat business, they only care about the power to control the wheat business.

And that is what is destroying our industry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...