• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get this?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get this?

My neighbor down the road has some fairly decent land. He is getting to that stage in his life where he isn't all that keen on working for nothing and he has a good investment income portfolio. His equipment is older but well maintained.
    Anyway last year he cropped 440 acres, did all the work himself. Said he made money but it was a mere pittance compared to his investment income. This winter he sort of let it be known that he would be interested in renting it out. He said the phone never stopped ringing! In the end he rented it for $60/acre...which he says is more than he made on it last year!
    He had 40 acres in hay and asked me if I wanted it. I said no way do I want it! I sent him to my hay guy and I guess they cut a deal.
    It sure seems to me there are a lot of people eager to work for nothing, or worse...pay to work! I just don't get it.

cowman,

Dont know about there, but here it seems greed has taken effect. Guys dont care what they are loosing or making they just want more so they can be the biggest farmer around. I dont really get it either

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.