• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodale's Cheques

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodale's Cheques

How many Grain producers got a "bribe" cheque in in the last couple of days?

Where exactly did Ralph get this from, General Revenue GOC?

What is that cheque for? My neighbor got one but could not understand what program it was. I called the gov't today about the big subsidy announced a couple of weeks ago and they told me it would take until the spring and will be based on net sales. I will trust that the conservatives will issue the money when they form the next gov't.

Comment

Only something like income trust trading could generate enough money, but of course that is not legal, so of course that would not happen.

Parsley

Comment

Silverback;

Hmmm Quacks like a duck, looks like a duck... walks like a duck!

Off the Ag Canada site:
        http://www.agr.gc.ca/cb/index_e.php?s1=ip&page=ip51122

"Q. When can industry expect a payment?

A. Initial payments will be made in the near future to producers who are enrolled in or have received benefits from existing or previous programs.

It may take longer to deliver the payments to new farmers as the required information will not be as readily available.

Q. Is the program cost-shared?

A. As agriculture is a shared jurisdiction, the Government of Canada is determined to work with the provinces on short term needs as well as longer-term transformative change.

Q. What will be the basis for the payment?

A. The direct payment is based on net sales of grains and oilseeds. For new producers a separate component will be developed.

Q. What do producers have to do to receive a payment?

A. Existing data will be used as much as possible to simplify and expedite the process to the extent possible.

Arrangements will be made for beginning farmers, who are not be covered in existing databanks, to apply separately as they will be required to submit additional information.

Further details on how the payment will be delivered will be made available in the coming weeks."

Here is what the Cheque says:

"Ref.616362/2006 Quack...

Date of Cheque: 23/11/05 Quack...

$$$$$$$$ Quack Quack...

"THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA IS PLEASED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THIS CHEQUE FOR THE GENERAL PAYMENT PORTION OF THE FARM INCOME PAYMENT. THIS PAYMENT IS BASED ON INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO AGRICULTURE AND AGRI-FOOD CANADA.(End Quote)"

Waddle waddle Waddle!

It even smells like a duck!

Comment

I got mine today,farm income program is what it is called. Back in April the
          fed's announced the $1 billion payout
          and this must be the final installment.

This program was based on net sales and the next handout will be based on the same formula. I was told yesterday
          that payments could come in early 06.

Comment

I got a payment last week and I grow no grain, so it has nothing to do with grains and oilseeds. Funny how the feds always come up with a few bucks right at election time?

Comment

Thanks guys!

I am surprised nothing was said about a second payment from the spring 2005 payment... if that is where the funds are from!

Why exactly didn't they say that?

Especially if that is where it is from... isn't the Provincial Gov. paying some of those funds?

Smells really ducky to me.

Comment

This cheque is the final payment from this springs payment. We were told then there would be a fall payment of what money was left in the program. (If it was to trry and buy votes it would have to be a bigger cheque than I got)

Comment

Vader;

Did you hear the Joke about Goodale and the CWB anti-monopoly directors?

One day they were meeting Goodale... and Ralpie got an anti-monopoly Director off to the side... and asked the person a question.

Director Smoe... if I gave you 5 million dollars, would you work to save the CWB's monopoly?

Director Smoe thought... then said, "Sure I could do that for 5Mil".

Ralphie then said, would you do it for $20,000.00 plus expenses?

Director Smoe said... "Of course not, what do you think I am?

Ralphie... just smiled!

Comment

Silverback;

I see this;

"Earlier this year, the Government of Canada announced the farm income payment program, which provided $439 million to grains and oilseeds producers. Combined with today’s announcement, the Government is providing nearly $1.2 billion to address the needs of the grains and oilseeds sector".

Quick calculations reveal the following:

$100,000 income in the "reference year" of this program resulted in a payment of approx. $4,390.00.

Therefore nearly $7,550.00 will be paid out in the next portion of this program per $100,000 capped at $500,000 if it is completed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...