• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOM4CWB's Resolution

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOM4CWB's Resolution

I think Tom's New Year's resolution should be accept defeat, stop crying and start posting constructive marketing ideas. We could go around in circles until the end of time and not get anywhere with the never ending CWB debate. Posting on this site is not going to end the monopoly.....I promise you that. My business decisions on my farm or not bettered by Tom's political spew. I find value in Lee and Charlie's market discussionsa and farmers sharing thoughts on marketing ideas. Let's get back to constructive posting. There is too much negative already surrounding farming.

I agree. I rarely come to this site anymore as Tom seems to dominate it. We all know his opinion by now.

Comment

Thanks. At least I am not alone. I did not post this to slam Tom. Rather, to give him a wake up call and create some some positive change into this area. I get a lot of good information here. I am not a huge contribitor, but I read a lot.

Comment

I would also agree.There are a lot of concerns about non cwb crops also these days not being profitable.Then when a producer does price it seems to take longer to get paid every year especially in the pulses.

Comment

I disagree I think Tom can say what ever he wants on here.Tom keeps us updated on all the crap the CWB is doing..

Comment

Have you ever heard of freedom of speech. Those that don't want to read Tom's comments can easily bypass them. At least his mind is in gear, plotting strategies for his farm and trying to think outside of the box.

Comment

Do you anti-Tom4CWB people have any free will at all? If you see a posted topic you aren't interested in, don't click on and read. There's no limit to space in Agri-Ville. If markets and marketing discussion is what you want, then start a thread.

While you're thinking about what that discussion should be, consider this: Tom Jackson has started more threads on grain and oilseed marketing than most contributors. He has more knowledge of the Canadian grain marketing, grading and handling system than most producers will ever hope to have. I suspect that's why Tom's discussions inevitably stray to the CWB issue. He knows how much money is being left behind.

I for one want Tom and everyone else uncensored. Censoring opinions on wheat and barley marketing is the territory of the CWB, not Agri-Ville.

Comment

Great comments Braveheart!And for those that can`t stand the heat.......no one is forcing you to read the threads.....except maybe your concience!!

Comment

I can't believe what I'm reading...

Interesting that those complaining about Tom's dominance in postings, are names I don't see here much - if at all.

Something to think about. You seem to rely on someone else to lead the discussion for you but now you're not seeing value in how he's doing it and want to change it. Sounds like the CWB debate. Perhaps you have more in common with Tom that you thought.

Keep up the great contributions Tom. I learn a lot and appreciate it.

Comment

All:

I value Tom's comments very much. He informs us of dark secrets behind the curtain,and we should take note.I also value all other contributions just as well from all participants...

Comment

Lakenheath, Almoy, and Katoe;

For the last three days I have been directly working to liberate; hurt, downtrodden farmers in Saskatoon.

This obligation has not been fun, easy, or simply being “Negative for the sake of being Negative”.

When my neighbour hurts, I hurt.

I will never apologize for bringing foreword the plight of my neighbour who is being hurt, I really hope you would not expect me to do so.

Lakenheath:

The CWB is us.

If we were to begin following our own laws, today, I would not need to post one more “negative” comment about the “single desk”.

Therefore it is our CWB itself that requires me to continue objecting, primarily on behalf of those farmers who have been personally abused, most times both economically and emotionally.

I hope an open frank discussion can bring a constructive resolution to real problems in the real world, this is certainly my objective.

WHEN my neighbour hurts, I hurt. If this offends you, you need to ask why.

The CWB election was an opportunity to bring the plight of my hurting neighbour to you and everyone else on CWB issues.

I do not discriminate in the plight of those who are hurt, so as you will see, I will work on whatever problem exists, whoever creates the problem, I will seek a resolution from them. I will use passion, logic, and truth in these battles.

I will never give up until my last breath is taken, this pledge I give to you.

THIS IS MY RESOLUTION.

Thank you for your help in bring it to the attention of everyone!

Almoy:

You most certainly expressed you opinion here, as you had every right to do.

Thank you, I respect your right to that opinion.

Katoe:

I spent January 13th, in Saskatoon, working on the issue of security and payment issues around Special Crops and Pulses.

I have been just as disappointed as you have been,(possibly more so) that this issue has not been dealt with for the 15 years I have been involved in it. I estimate this issue alone has cost my family a year of my life, literally.

In Saskatoon on Thursday it appeared we will make major steps foreword this time to resolve this very issue.

If our pulse marketers will in good faith take opportunities being offered by the Canadian Grain Commission, and the CGC fulfills it’s commitments that were given on Thursday to us as producers of special crops and pulses; I believe there is a great opportunity to take a large step foreword that will resolve the majority of this problem. I will address this issue on a special topic today on Agri-ville.

It will also be addressed at our annual meeting of the Alberta Pulse Growers in Edmonton at Farm Tech January 27th, 1-2:30pm at the Ag Industry Showcase Exhibit.

www.farmtechconference.com

I Hope to see all of you there, I would appreciate an opportunity to personally discuss your problems, and help out where ever I can!

Sincerely,
                      Tom Jackson

Comment

To everyone on Agri-ville;

Perhaps a reasonable person would suggest:

I am too passionate;

I take Ag issues too seriously;

I spend too much time trying to resolve issues that I have little chance to change;

My family has paid too high a price for my commitment Agriculture.

For the average "Reasonable" person, they are probably right!

But then what one of us still involved in Agriculture... in the passionate fully dedicated manner required today... could be respectfully called "Reasonable"!

THank You all for your comments!

Comment

Throughout history some the most carasmatic leaders had henchmen that would go to battle for them no matter what. Tom worshipers. All of you. He's not my hero. Far from it.

Comment

lakenheath,

I was just curious.

I don't understand When I personally said or did something that offended you?

1-866-866-4292, if you wouldn't mind, it sure would be interesting to know!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...