• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't "Smile" for the CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't "Smile" for the CWB

Charlie;

Recently Canadian Wheat Board (CWB) Chairman, Mr. Ken Ritter, expressed a wicked Contempt for everyone who does not agree with CWB monopoly.

This was Chairman Ritter's his first public speech, in his last 4 year elected term with the CWB.

Chairman Ritter's address was given at a scheduled evening pre Banquet speech Thursday January 6th; of the Wild Rose Agricultural Producers in Leduc Alberta.

The CWB Chairman’s speech left us all with a strange final solution for the problems of the CWB in 2005 and beyond, by ending this confident relaxed message telling us to “Co-operate” with the CWB monopoly and we will do just fine.

In concluding remarks Chairman Ritter said: "I will use a saying by AlCapone... we don't usually talk about the Mafia... but I will use it anyway;

You can get a lot done with a SMILE,

But you sure, can get a lot more done: With a GUN; and a SMILE."

With over 100 people present, it was easy for me to get dozens of witnesses to confirm this is exactly what the CWB Chairman said in his official speech.

Interesting isn't it;

I understand, from many sources, the meaning of the word "SMILE" in this widely known Mafia saying is a "SLIT THROAT".

In context, Al Capone himself it appears would not have used "Smile" as an interchange for "Slit throat", even though many people, by far the majority I interviewed, do associate the interchange of these words with a Mafia organised crime style executions.

Comment

Ritter`s choice of analogies mystifies me.This is the chairman of an X billion dollar corporation and he`s making statements like that??IF he were taking the `high road` it`s such a shallow comment as to not have any substance at all,and, if he had a sinister connotation it`s exactly that!Shouldn`t they be selling WHEAT ? ?How does this relate to the dismal voter turnout?I`m thinking the voter turnout is the true symbol of CWB marginalization.Farmers just don`t give a rat`s behind about them(CWB) any more.Is fear mongering the only pillar they have left??I thought they learned that wasn`t working,particularly with groups like FFJ.They continue to be reactionary only and easy to target by their detractors.Too bad no one there is smart enought o take a leadership role and include rather than exclude detractors.

Comment

Cropduster;

I read an interesting saying this morning;

In a free and Democratic election all votes count;

But in feudalism all they do is count the votes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...