• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know any farmer who doesn't Break this Law?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know any farmer who doesn't Break this Law?

Hi Charlie!

The CWB Corporate Secretary has a new mission in life I see!

Is any farmer you know Not BREAKING the CWB Act?

No doubt the Federal Court of Canada is bringing out the best in the CWB!

THIS was Deborah Harri's FIRST ISSUE of substance in her supplementary affidavit ... actually (#2) after introducing herself.

2. Section 24(1)(d) of the Canadian Wheat Board Act (the “Act”) provides that, subject to the consent of the Canadian Wheat Board (“CWB”), producers are to deliver their grain to the “delivery point” which is named in their Permit Book. That delivery point is typically a grain elevator chosen by the Producer when he applies for the Permit Book.

Here is what the CWB Act actually says;

Conditions for delivery of grain to elevator

24. (1) Notwithstanding anything in the Canada Grain Act, except with the
    permission of the Corporation, no person shall deliver grain to an elevator, and
    no manager or operator thereof shall receive delivery of grain unless

(d) the grain is delivered at the delivery point named in the permit book; and…

Now who do you know has asked the CWB ever for permission to haul their grain somewhere else?

Wouldn't this be a deception... sworn as an affidavit... from practical reality? What Lawyer made her do this?

I don't LOL

Comment

Okay, I see "LOL" or "lol" on lots of posts and I know I'm culturally isolated but what does it mean?

Comment

You need your kids to become teenagers. My interpretation (as an adult) is laugh out loud. A further potential is lots of laughs. My knowledge of internet chat lingo is limited as I am something over 20 years old.

As a note, lots of things in the current CWB act are out of sync with reality (eg. how interest payments on the old debt are allocated in the feed barley pool). At some point, the act will have to be opened up and amended.

Comment

Mellvile;

I thought LOL was Lots of Luck!

Good question though!

We were told the Federal COurt Judge will rule most likely on Dec. 23rd... She reserved judgement till then.

Many issues about the election remain undiscovered... are not going to be resolved in this judgement. The COurt limited the scope... at the deliberate request of CWB legal council.

This was a perfect opportunity to resolve all 2004 election issues... it was missed, deliberately caused by the CWB.

SHAME

How much can the CWB sweep under the rug? It depends how much the pooling accounts pay for high priced legal guns.

And the farmers who wanted simple answers... will be blamed for a huge bill...

The bigger the legal cost... the better the CWB looks!

I can still hope for a miricle...

We cannot lose faith that justice COULD be done... still... at this late hour!

Comment

It continues that the CWB is exclusive rather than inclusive.I agree with Tom.SHAME!Why do the detractors have to resort to court actions while the beaurocrats(sp)smugly look down from their ivory tower!Farmers are receiving their smallest cheques ever for their frozen grain and their employees are globe trotting on"study"trips,staying at the Hyatt in Calgary,defending their incompetence in court with high priced lawyers(paid for from the pooling account)and on and on it goes.

Comment

Lee....typically LOL stands for "laughing out loud".

Comment

Farmers for Justice has information (court documents, etc.) posted on their website now:

http://www.farmersforjustice.com

Comment

The decision has now been posted on www.farmersforjustice.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.