• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMR's

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMR's

Went to a demo on a TMR. Are they worth it. Would a processor and scale work just as well . Does it cost your cost down? What are the better ones?

TMR machines when examined to the core and used right are worth it. You can expect from 25 to 30% better eficiency of your feed when used right. That means you need to load them with a balanced ration.
    The best mix is achieved in a four auger mixer when the top augers are about 4 inches away from the bottom ones. Any further and there are ded spots in between. The only thing the verticale mixers can do is break up long material into the mix. However they do a lousy job of mixing in supplement or grain.
    A good 4 auger mixer will have you a mix in about 4 minuets with low power requirments.
    Rotaries/horizontals can't even be taught how to mix a ration.

Comment

Lots to consider DNaker. We use a Jlor, corksrew and I find it good for a number of reasons. Our farm is mainly purebred cow/calf with only our own yearlings and bulls. We mix hay with all of our rations, and some are almost straight hay. I feel that the cows are getting the pellets as they don't usually spend the whole time eating at one spot. We buy all of our feed including around 700 ton of silage per year. This Jlor does an excellent job of cutting every bale that I have thrown in it.
      Labour is probably the real key for me. My days would almost never end if I were to feed without this thing---or I would need to hire help.
      I can see a feedlot having challenges with a vertical, but lots of positives for cowcalf operations.

Comment

TMR - stands for "Total Mixed Ration". If that's what you require, then my above comments stand. That means you can take 10 bunk samples of the mix have them tested from first off to last off and they will be relatively the same. If you want a machine to rip up long rougages and bled it with silage and you are feeding cows then a verticle will perform relativly well.
        However as a "TMR" they won't cut it so don't let any salesman or producer tell you other wise.

Comment

wd40...your back! thought they must have locked you in a combine.

Comment

looks like combining might have to waite till next year, so I think I'll take a trip to where the sun (usually) shines.

Comment

So WD40 which machines to you recommend and which do you not, please name some examples, thank you.

Comment

Ok the Harsh mixers, Renn and the Cattlelac 4-auger mixers are built in the same profile as Harsh.
                The other auger (horizontal mixers) have a much larger gap between the top and bottom augers. They are chain reduction and require more HP instead of the trouble free planetary gear boxes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.