• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I took epo on cwrs wheat can I still use FPC on what I havn't delivered?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I took epo on cwrs wheat can I still use FPC on what I havn't delivered?

I took the EPO for 90% on my contracted CWRS wheat and have delivered the first 50%, can I put the last 50% on a FPC to be paid August 1?

Or will the EPO get me in trouble?

Talked to the CWB (hopefully got right).

You can walk away from the EPO contract but you will be expected to pay the premium you agreed to when you signed the contract adjusted for the time value (premium minus the incremental payment).

Other questions? Will the grain company let you store on a storage ticket? What is the cost? Will the storage be for more than 90 days? If it is, you will not be covered by CGC bonding if the company goes under. The latter is critical if you signed an "A" or "B" series contract and there is a termination prior to May 1.

As a note, there is no such thing as a storage ticket (from what I know) for non board crops anymore. The grain company takes ownership of the grain/oilseed at delivery and then allow you an agreed time to establish a price. A storage ticket leaves you in ownership of the grain with a right to takeback a similar quality of the same grain at some point in the future (after you have paid an elevation and storage). You retain ownship until you have sold and been issued a cash ticket.

Comment

I think I will wait until the PRO's come out next week and then decide on what to do with the cwrs - happy to hear we can get out of the EPO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.