• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's signing up for new CWB Producer Payment Options?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's signing up for new CWB Producer Payment Options?

Has anybody signed up any wheat or barley on the CWB's Producer Payment Options, either the Fixed Price Option or the Basis Payment Option? I'd like to know what farm managers think of the program. One of my clients has signed up several hundred tonnes of wheat. Others have done smaller amounts.

I've been doing a series of info meetings ( 2 hours) on CWB Producer Payment Options throughout southern Alberta with the local CWB rep. We've been explaining the program in detail and I've been making suggestions on its good and bad points and when it would be best to use it. I've also been suggesting that farm managers try 20 tonnes or so on the Fixed Price Options and another 20 tonnes on the Basic Payment Option just so that they get a little practice using the program this year. Turnout at the meetings hasn't been great 'cause its spraying season - we thought spraying might be over by now. About half the people turning up have been farmers and the other half have been grain buyers.

If you'd like one of these workshops in your community in Alberta, please give me a call (403-362-1212) or send me an e-mail. I can probably go to Saskatchewan if someone pays my travel expenses. Uncle Ralph doesn't mind covering my salary but he won't pay travel costs to Saskatchewan.

Lee

We did a chunk of fixed price wheat in March, will sell 2000 wheat into 2001 PPO, for part of this hedge.

The CWB feed wheat price is the most scarry part of the contract, have a hedge at $135.00 on Winnipeg.

The PRO saying the feed wheat will be 135 basis Vancouver is really out of kilter, and recks our domestic feed market!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.