• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queen's visit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen's visit

Did anybody else notice Sheila Copps looked like she was nodding off while the Queen was speaking in Nunavut?

No I didn't happen to catch that, will have to pay attention if there is a replay of that clip. I usually bitch about the way the government wasted money but as expensive as the queen's visit will be, I think it is very worthwhile. The queen has to be one of the most gracious and tactful people in the whole world. It is too bad that the members of our parliament weren't blessed with some of her good sense.

Comment

Now I am no Sheila Copps fan but the Queen is hardly an engaging speaker. I doubt she would attract the same audience if tickets were sold rather than our tax dollars funding her travel.

She said her trips to Canada over the years have given her "admiration and deep affection" for Canadians. It kind of makes you feel all those tax dollars were well speant in supporting the monarchy.

Unfortunatley I had more pressing things to do so I missed her royal address but when I read that on another website I felt like a dog that had just received a milkbone and a pat on the head.

I fail to understand why we peasants need to use our tax dollars to support the wealthiest woman in the world and pay for her travel to OUR country. But I suppose thats how the Windsors gained their fortune. At some time Canada will become a country instead of a colony.

No offence to the Queen, she seems like a nice enough enough lady but to me the English monarchy is about as relevant and useful as our senate.

Comment

Well Sheila Copps dozing off was embarassing but the outburst of John Manley against the monarchy in the midst of a royal vist was unbelievable. The queen was invited to tour Canada to help celebrate her fiftieth anniversay as queen and for him to have brought up the subject during this tour was unexcusable. If he has any sense of propriety at all he should apologize to the queen for his actions. If he refused he should be ditched from cabinet and ousted from the House of Commons if there was any sense of propriety in this government. For instance if he openly criticized the prime minister he would be booted out immediately. I guess we won't be that lucky tho he will stick around and stick both feet in his mouth till that old fool Chretien retires.

Comment

Although I do agree with Manley, Carebear you are right on in that his timing was inappropriate. Another example of Liberal arrogance and stupidity. He used the opportunity to get some press and in his mind advance his Liberal leadership chances.The only reason I enjoy seeing the Windsor's come to Canada is I know how much it iritates Quebec.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.